Serial bank robber William Easley turns himself in to the policeOctober 20th, 2010 - 9:19 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Chicago, Oct 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The robber man responsible for robbing many banks could be behind bars soon according to reports by Police. The alleged robber, 42-year-old William Easley surrendered himself to the police on Saturday and 4 counts of bank robbery and violence charges have been leveled against him.
The suspected criminal has brought a lot of fear to customers who do business with the Mishawaka Avenue branch of the 1st Source Bank due to the repeated robberies by Easley.
Stephanie Brook, a customer of the bank revealed she had been scared of going to the bank in the past few months and was very happy when he saw a resident policeman guarding the bank in recent times. She also stated her new confidence in going to the bank due to the arrest of Easley.
The bank has been robbed four times since August with the robber running away with over $14,000 from the robbery operations on August 23, September 10, October 5 and October 13.
The robber entered the bank each time with a mask over his face and a gun in hand to demand money from tellers.
- Texas bank robber shows 2 IDs while robbing - Mar 16, 2011
- Robber decked in 'Darth Vader' outfit robs a bank - Jul 26, 2010
- Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank Robbery - Jan 08, 2011
- Robber rode skateboard to banks in Mexico - Feb 01, 2012
- Robber forgets to put on mask before robbing a bank - Aug 22, 2010
- Skateboarder bandit flees after a San Diego bank heist - Jul 19, 2010
- William Easley Accused of Robbing Same Bank 4 Times - Oct 20, 2010
- US man wearing Darth Vader mask robs Long Island bank - Jul 23, 2010
- Masked robbers loot over Rs.5 lakh in Kashmir - Aug 17, 2011
- 'Obama-robber' nabbed in Austria - Apr 01, 2011
- This year's best 'dumb criminal' tales so far (The Funny Side) - Aug 17, 2012
- Bank Of America Robber Sought By FBI - Aug 28, 2010
- Armed robbers loot Rs.20 lakh from Mumbai bank (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Skateboarder Flees Following San Diego's Comercia Bank Heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Police still on the lookout for bank robber who forgot to put on his mask in his bank robbery attempt - Aug 24, 2010