Serial bank robber “old man bandit” sentenced to 13 years in prisonJuly 31st, 2010 - 4:06 am ICT by BNO News
MIAMI, FLORIDA (BNO NEWS) – A serial bank robber known as the “old man bandit,” was sentenced on Friday to 156 months (13 years) in federal prison for his conviction of six bank robberies, prosecutors announced.
Steven Gass, 55, of Miami Springs, Florida, pleaded guilty to six counts of bank robbery on May 7. Gass admitted robbing six Florida financial institutions, the AmTrust Bank in Deerfield Beach, the Bank Atlantic in Delray Beach, the First Bank in Coral Gables, the HSBC Bank also in Coral Gables, and the Bank of America in Hollywood.
According to the documents presented during trial, Gass entered each bank and showed the tellers a demand note. The note demanded cash and clarified that he was armed and would not hesitate to use it if they did not comply. The tellers, out of fear, complied with Gass’ demands.
In addition to the six banks previously mentioned, he admitted robbing 15 additional banks, all from the Florida area. In total, Gass was responsible for the robberies of 21 banks, cashing in a total of $136,758.
- Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank Robbery - Jan 08, 2011
- Spanish bank acquires failed US bank - Aug 22, 2011
- New York Police Arrests 'Bouquet Bandit' Edward Pemberton - Jul 22, 2010
- Texas bank robber shows 2 IDs while robbing - Mar 16, 2011
- Granddad Bandit's Photos Made Available - Feb 23, 2010
- Skateboarder bandit flees after a San Diego bank heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Robber rode skateboard to banks in Mexico - Feb 01, 2012
- US mum 'robs bank on her way to pick up kids from school' - Sep 26, 2010
- Robber forgets to put on mask before robbing a bank - Aug 22, 2010
- Bronx, NY man pleads guilty to bank robbery - Jan 22, 2010
- Skateboarder Flees Following San Diego's Comercia Bank Heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Robber decked in 'Darth Vader' outfit robs a bank - Jul 26, 2010
- NY man sentenced for seven bank robberies in Tucson, AZ - Mar 02, 2010
- Four Florida residents charged in $6 million mortgage fraud scheme - Mar 17, 2010
- Brazilian financial institution to buy US bank - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: 13 years, amtrust bank, bandit, bank atlantic, bank of america, bank robber, bank robberies, bank robbery, bno, coral gables, deerfield beach, delray beach, federal prison, financial institutions, florida area, hsbc bank, miami florida, miami springs florida, steven gass, tellers