SEPTA Changes The Name Of Pattison Station To AT&TJune 25th, 2010 - 7:34 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Philadelphia, June 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Pattison Station which have long served to be the subway station for Citizens Bank Park along with Lincoln Financial Field and Wachovia Center shall soon witness a change in it’s name. The change is an immediate effect of the $5 million agreement that has been signed by the board of SEPTA which is the acronym of Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority.
The SEPTA board of directors on Thursday declared their decision to change the name of Pattison Station to AT and T Station. According to the terms of the contract, SEPTA shall receive a total of $3 million and the rest of the money shall be handed over to Titan Outdoor, SEPTA’s advertisement handler. Titan Outdoor shall be responsible for all costs of changing the name and reprinting everything under the new name. One of the former riders of SEPTA, ex Philadelphia math teacher Jerry Silverman feels that the name shouldn’t be changed totally but should retain a part of it’s original name so that the riders aren’t confused. Jerry Silverman happens to be the ex chairperson of SEPTA’s citizen advisory committee and he feels that changing the name of a station is an important issue and should be considered carefully.
On the other hand, the SEPTA board has already approved the transferring of a total amount of $26 million for “service stabilization fund” which shall function to cover up the deficit in the operating budget. Joseph Casey, SEPTA’s general manager feels that the change in the name of the station shall help SEPTA to “defray all tax payers cost”. It was declared that SEPTA shall employ all extra funding to reduce the fare hikes.
- SEPTA Strike On The Verge Of An End - Nov 07, 2009
- Taped call suggests Rajat Gupta told Rajaratnam about Goldman plans - Mar 16, 2011
- 'Titanic' in 3D -- Indian fans excited, experts doubtful - Apr 03, 2012
- 'Titanic' in 3D: Indian fans excited, experts doubtful (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Indian American ex-director violated Goldman Sach's policies - Mar 24, 2011
- Mick Jagger's Ex Jerry Hall Auctions Artwork - Sep 08, 2010
- Philadelphia police looking for rape suspect who fled without pants - Sep 01, 2010
- SEPTA strike is on - Nov 03, 2009
- Arrogant bosses equated with poor performance - Jul 26, 2012
- Operative parts of apex court's 2G judgment - Feb 02, 2012
- Operative parts of apex court's 2G judgment (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Dog Rescues A Male's Life In Michigan By Crunching Into The Male's Contaminated Toe - Aug 05, 2010
- Titan to open 100 outlets in India - Apr 13, 2011
- BRIC should come together to form a global fund: Stiglitz - Jan 14, 2012
- UN gives $8 mn for Nepal's peace process - Jun 30, 2012
Tags: chairperson, citizen advisory committee, citizens bank park, jerry silverman, joseph casey, lincoln financial field, math teacher, operating budget, pattison, pennsylvania transportation, ranjan, septa, southeastern pennsylvania, stabilization fund, subway station, tax payers, teacher jerry, transportation authority, wachovia, wachovia center