Search on for the pilot after F-22 crashNovember 19th, 2010 - 11:49 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Alaska, Nov 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An US Air Force pilot was missing on Friday after an F-22 Raptor crashed in Alaska near the Denali National Park. The missing pilot has been named as Capt. Jeffrey Haney from Jackson, Mich.
Military information indicates that the husband and father of two joined the military in 2003. He has been with the Anchorage base in Alaska for almost five years now. The military say they will search around the location where the plane crash in a bid to find him.
The jet was on a training run on Tuesday. Officials say the plane was lost on the radar at 7:40 pm on Tuesday. However on Wednesday, a search team managed to locate the scene of the crash at about 100 miles north of Anchorage. Rescuers were finally lowered to the location of the rescue on Wednesday afternoon.
It was not readily clear if the ejection seat was deployed during the crash. A spokesperson for the Anchorage base, John Pennell said that, “We have not recovered enough of the aircraft yet to determine exactly whether or not the ejection seat was used”.
The search and the rescue efforts continue at the location and the rescuers are looking for the sign of a parachute or the fire to locate the missing pilot.
- Pilot Missing in F-22 Crash ID'd by Air Force as Capt. Jeffrey Haney - Nov 19, 2010
- F-22 Aircraft Pilot Died In Alaska Crash, Authorities Confirm - Nov 20, 2010
- Turkish military plane crashes in Mediterranean - Jun 22, 2012
- Air Force F-22 Fighter Jet Crashes Near Anchorage, Search For Missing Pilot On - Nov 18, 2010
- Authorities identify victims of Alaska "Con Air"-movie plane crash - Aug 03, 2010
- Former Alaska state legislator dies in small plane crash - Jul 13, 2012
- Argentina airline crash kills 22 - May 19, 2011
- US F-16 fighter crashes off Japan - Jul 22, 2012
- China used downed US F-117 Nighthawk to reverse engineer its first stealth jet - Jan 24, 2011
- Top Philippine official missing after plane crash - Aug 18, 2012
- Plane crash in Grand Canyon leaves 2 dead - Aug 01, 2011
- Former Senator Ted Stevens was aboard the plane, which crashed in Alaska, 5 killed - Aug 10, 2010
- One dead as small plane crashes in China lake - Aug 19, 2012
- Syrian rebels shoot down MiG - Aug 14, 2012
- MiG wreckage still stuck in Himachal glacier - Oct 30, 2011
Tags: air force pilot, alaska, anchorage, capt, denali, denali national park, ejection seat, parachute, pennell, plane crash, radar, rescue efforts, rescuers, search team, spokesperson, us air force, wednesday afternoon