Scrabble Player Caught Cheating by Hiding Blank TilesAugust 15th, 2012 - 7:20 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Orlando, Florida, Aug 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A scrabble player has been caught cheating at a national scrabble tournament for the first time ever. Then young player was caught hiding blank letter tiles and this made him to be disqualified from the game. The scrabble player was disqualified in the 24th round of the tournament that is supposed to go up to the 28th round. There are 350 players in the tournament and the player was one of the best players in the country.
Organizers say that the cheating was noticed by a player who was at another table. The other player noticed the cheating player dropping some tiles on the floor. The witness then reported the incident to the tournament director who confronted the cheating player who admitted that he had cheated.
Blank letter tiles can be used as wild card by players and this is the reason why the player was hiding them. The organizers of the tournament said that cheating occurs in smaller events but it has never occurred in events that big. The name of the disqualified player was not mentioned because he is a minor. His age was also not revealed. The organizers say that it is unfortunate that something like that had to happen.
- Scrabble cheat kicked out of tournament - Aug 20, 2012
- Joshna, Anaka head Indian challenge in Chennai Open squash - May 19, 2012
- Scrabble rules set to change - Apr 06, 2010
- England-Egypt to battle it out in Punj Lloyd squash - Dec 11, 2011
- Stockholm Open: Somdev crashes out of first round - Oct 18, 2011
- Smriti takes big lead at Women's Pro Golf Tour event - Mar 29, 2012
- Delhi boy Sumit wins American Cup Tennis - Dec 13, 2011
- National grass court tennis from Feb 6 (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Chennai Open: Tough draw for Somdev, Yuki (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- National Grass Court Tennis meet from Feb 6 - Feb 01, 2012
- Pak hockey players get show-cause notice over WSH contracts - Apr 25, 2011
- Somdev gets top billing at Singapore ATP Challenger - Jan 23, 2011
- H&R; Johnson India to enter wellness industry - Jun 26, 2012
- Qualifier Somdev stuns Baghdatis, enters third round - Mar 13, 2011
- Vishnu Vardhan top seed in ITF event - May 23, 2012