Scientists in Singapore shrink Playboy centerfold to width of human hairAugust 15th, 2012 - 9:30 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Singapore Aug 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In Singapore, a scientist shrunk a playboy centre fold photograph to a width of human hair. The photo was printed out and when it came out it measured 50 micrometers, width wise. This was as a result of photoshop carried out on a portrait of a Swedish model known as Lena Soderberg. This portrait came out in the year 1972 and it was issued by Playboy. This is used to come out with different techniques of printing.
According to the report made by the Journal Nature Natotechnology, it was concluded that the device that the alleged scientist came up with is able to show 100000 dots per inch. The method that he still came up with is said to be very helpful especially in printing tiny watermarks or secret messages that can be used for security purposes.
The innovation made by this scientist is of help even to many organizations that deal with color mapping. Image will now be shown with the both sharp color changes thanks to his innovation. The idea can also be of security purposes by making of micro-images. This is paused as a form of challenge to the world that nothing is impossible.
- Scientists in Singapore shrink Playboy centerfold to the width of a human hair - Aug 16, 2012
- Bank of Canada offers apology for 'Asian woman' banknote row - Aug 21, 2012
- Coming soon: camera that 'sees the invisible' - Nov 11, 2010
- Innovative method prints colours without inks - Aug 13, 2012
- Iconic images of some of Playboy's sexiest pin-ups up for grabs - Nov 19, 2010
- Shania Twain has the perfect face but Jolie, Hurley don't, say scientists - Dec 22, 2009
- German scientists create the world's smallest steam engine - Dec 13, 2011
- Scientists Crack Secrets Of Flawless Mona Lisa Painting - Jul 18, 2010
- Bill Gates is investing in futuristic toilets - Aug 17, 2012
- Man in the moon has 'graphite whiskers' - Jul 02, 2010
- Scientists crack some secrets of Mona Lisa - Jul 18, 2010
- New science policy blueprint by September - May 03, 2012
- New software allows the blind to 'see' their printed portrait images - Feb 17, 2011
- Pak Navy shows Indian warships in advertisement - Mar 08, 2011
- Shiseido model's photo with disconnected limbs branded "Photoshop disaster" - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: color changes, color mapping, dots per inch, human hair, innovation, journal nature, lena soderberg, micro images, micrometers, photo, photograph, playboy centerfold, scientist, scientists, secret messages, security purposes, singapore, swedish model, watermarks