Saudi student arrested in a plot to bomb George Bush’s homeFebruary 25th, 2011 - 12:11 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Feb 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Saudi Arabian student has been arrested in the United States on suspicion of bomb plot.
20-year-old Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari was arrested on Thursday by the FBI on suspicion that he was trying to build a bomb in the country and attack a number of locations including George Bush’s home in Dallas.
Khalid is a student in a school near Lubbock, Texas. According to the Associated Press Khalid was arrested while planning to make an improvised device that he hoped to use against the United States.
The FBI has subsequently charged him with plotting terrorism against the United States.
The United States has learned from the September 11 attacks that completely brought the country’s security on its knees. Al Qaeda operatives used planes as missiles against some important locations in the country. More than 3,000 people were killed and the attack greatly embarrassed the United States.
Since the attacks, several other extremists have tried to launch their own attacks but that have all failed. The FBI have been vigilant and arrested several people that tried to attack the country. A Nigerian extremist succeeded in taking a bomb to a plane in his pants but the device failed at the most crucial time.
- Saudi man in US custody for terror plot - Feb 25, 2011
- Saudi arrested for planning to attack Bush's home - Feb 25, 2011
- Saudi 'jihadist' arrested for trying to blow up George Bush's house, other US targets - Feb 25, 2011
- Alleged Texas jihad plot underscores lone wolf terrorist threat inside US - Feb 26, 2011
- Saudi 'jihadist' accused of plotting to kill Bush had passion for violent video games - Feb 26, 2011
- Americans warned of home grown extremism - Sep 24, 2010
- Terror plot to bomb US-bound plane foiled (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- US Justice Department puts Pak-origin terror suspect on its wanted list - Dec 16, 2010
- Yemen bomb went on two passenger jets: Qatar Airways (Lead) - Oct 31, 2010
- US arrests suspect in bomb plot - Jan 10, 2012
- FBI thwarts attempted airplane bomb plot in Lubbock, TX - May 14, 2010
- Al Qaeda planned 'nuclear hell storm' after 9/11: WikiLeaks - May 13, 2011
- Al Qaeda's Bangladeshi supporter admits plot to attack Pentagon - Jul 21, 2012
- Pak would help US to trace Shahzad's background: Haqqani - May 06, 2010
- Times Square probe: three arrested in raids - May 14, 2010
Tags: al qaeda, ali, bomb plot, extremist, extremists, fbi, george bush, knees, lubbock texas, missiles, operatives, planes, saudi arabian, saudi student, september 11 attacks, suspicion, terrorism, united states, washington dc