Saudi Prince Saud Bin Abdulaziz convicted of murdering his servantOctober 19th, 2010 - 10:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Oct 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A grandson of the King of Saudi Arabia, Saud Bin Abdulaziz Bin Nasir al Saud has been convicted of murdering his 32-year-old servant, Bandar Abdullah Abdulaziz at a luxurious London hotel on February 25.
It took jurors just one-and-a-half hours to reach their verdict. Nasir who is a gay will be sentenced tomorrow and he could face life in prison.
Throughout the trial, prosecutors narrated to the court how Nasir killed his servant after their night out on Valentine’s Day. Investigators say the body of the deceased revealed severe injuries including a bite mark on his cheeks.
The Nasir is linked to the King of Saudi Arabia and throughout the trial, his lawyers revealed that if his sexual orientation were revealed, he would face execution in his home country if he ever returns.
Saudi Arabia is an Islamic state and the issue of homosexuality is not tolerated in the country. The conviction effectively means an end to the playboy lifestyle enjoyed by the prince till now.
He was charged with murder and grievous bodily harm with intent. He maintained innocence throughout the trial and showed no emotion when the verdict of the jury was read out.
- Saudi prince sexually abuses servant, batters him to death - Oct 06, 2010
- Saudi prince found guilty of killing servant - Oct 19, 2010
- Saudi Prince arrested for murdering his assistant - Feb 20, 2010
- Saudi Prince held on a murder charge - Feb 22, 2010
- Saudi Prince Convicted in the UK of Murdering His Servant - Oct 19, 2010
- Gay Arab prince jailed for 20-years over murder of manservant - Oct 21, 2010
- Gay Saudi prince faces trial for killing servant - Oct 05, 2010
- Saudi prince 'kills manservant' during gay sex session - Oct 06, 2010
- UAE mourns death of Saudi crown prince - Jun 16, 2012
- India PM condoles Saudi prince's death - Jun 17, 2012
- Salman Khurshid arrives for Saudi Arabian prince's funeral - Jun 17, 2012
- Saudi crown prince,78, dies in Geneva (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Saudi King Abdullah names Prince Salman crown prince - Jun 20, 2012
- Pakistan PM leaves for Saudi Arabia - Jul 15, 2012
- Obama mourns death of Saudi crown prince - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: al saud, arabia saud, conviction, grievous bodily harm, grievous bodily harm with intent, half hours, homosexuality, innocence, islamic state, jurors, king of saudi arabia, life in prison, luxurious london hotel, playboy, prince saud, prosecutors, saudi prince, servant, sexual orientation, valentine s day