Sarah Palin cancels Sudan tripJune 24th, 2011 - 8:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, June 24 (THAIDNIAN NEWS) Tea party darling Sarah Palin has announced that she will not be making her planned trip to Sudan. Reports said her decision not to go ahead with the visit was due to conflicting schedules.
Palin recently announced that she has placed her bus tour in the United States on hold because she had some jury duties. The tour was dubbed “One Nation” and analysts say it was meant to test the popularity of the former Alaska governor ahead of the 2012 US Presidential race.
Palin has not given her indication on whether she will be in the race to seek the ticket of the GOP for the 2012 polls. Palin shocked several people when she announced that she will be visiting the highly volatile nation of Sudan. The country is currently engaged in a fierce conflict between the North and the South of the country.
The South voted to cede from the North in a referendum last year. The North and the South and fighting at the oil rich region of Abyei to determine which part the region belong to.
Palin was expected to go to Sudan with the son of famous evangelist Billy Graham. Franklin Graham succeeded his father as the head of the Graham ministry.
- 22 soldiers killed in Sudan - May 20, 2011
- UN urges calm in Southern Sudan after preliminary referendum results - Feb 01, 2011
- Sudan recognises South as independent state - Jul 09, 2011
- US hails UN resolution authorising peacekeepers in Sudan - Jun 28, 2011
- Piper Palin alleges that the press has ruined her family vacation - Jun 03, 2011
- Sarah Palin denies that her bus tour has been canceled - Jun 23, 2011
- Sarah Palin buys a house in Arizona - May 26, 2011
- UN Security Council calls for 'urgent action' for peaceful, credible referenda in Sudan - Nov 17, 2010
- Sudan ready for talks with South Sudan: Russia - May 01, 2012
- Landmine kills four UN peacekeepers in Sudan's Abyei - Aug 02, 2011
- U.S. Senator John Kerry visits Sudan ahead of south's referendum - Jan 08, 2011
- UN's Ban commends Sudan and South Sudan on political progress - Mar 17, 2012
- UN says Sudan threatened to shoot down its helicopter - Aug 05, 2011
- India hosts officials from Sudan - Apr 28, 2011
- Sarah Palin's documentary lacks audience - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: alaska governor, Billy Graham, bus tour, conflict, darling, evangelist billy graham, franklin graham, gop, graham franklin, june 24, jury duties, polls, popularity, presidential race, referendum, sarah palin, sudan, tea party