Sara Lee files lawsuit against Kraft’s Oscar MayerMay 22nd, 2009 - 2:15 am ICT by GD
Kraft is the latest among a number of companies to give away free goodies in the form of Oscar Mayer Wieners. Those wishing to avail of the offer have to register on a website and will be sent their free coupons that can be redeemed for free hotdogs.
Meanwhile Sara Lee Corp (SLE.N) has filed a lawsuit against Kraft Food’s (KFT.N) Oscar Mayer wieners, accusing the hot dog maker of misleading customers by making claims that Oscar Mayer hotdogs are better than Sara Lee’s Ball Park brand of hot dogs. In a statement released on Wednesday, Sara Lee Corp said, “It is both false and misleading to consumers.”
Kraft said it has not received any notice about the lawsuit yet, but it has a reputation for making accurate advertisements for their products, and it will stand by its reputation at all costs. The statement was made by Syd Lindner, a spokesman for Kraft Foods.
The brand is a cold cuts company owned by Kraft Foods and is known for its hotdogs, bologna, bacon and other lunchtime products. Their advertising has been famous for ages now, as has their Weinermobile, which has gone around the United States for 70 years from 1936. Six Wienermobiles have been touring the US since then without any drop in their popularity. Their advertising jingles were also very popular and one of the most famous jingles from 1965 went:
Oh, I’d love to be an Oscar Mayer wiener.
That is what I’d truly like to be.
‘Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer wiener,
Everyone would be in love with me.
Oh, I’m glad I’m not an Oscar Mayer wiener.
That is what I’d never want to be.
Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer wiener.
There would soon be nothing left of me!
- NY hot dog vendor treating Bloomberg and Cameron furious over frivolous fines - Jul 23, 2010
- Oscar Mayer Chairman Dies At 95 - Jul 08, 2009
- Wienermobile Crashes Into House - Jul 19, 2009
- King of hot dogs Oscar Mayer Dead - Jul 09, 2009
- World's favourite snack celebrates 100th birthday - Mar 06, 2012
- Oreo aims to set a Guinness World Record for the most number of 'Likes' on Facebook - Feb 17, 2011
- Hugh Jackman walks in his sleep - Apr 30, 2011
- John Mayer recovering after throat surgery - Oct 24, 2011
- Taylor Swift humiliates John Mayer - Jun 07, 2012
- Kim Kardashian blames New York for weight gain - Dec 17, 2010
- Need mechanism to tackle misleading ads: Thomas - Nov 17, 2011
- Anne Hathaway, James Franco initially said no to hosting Oscars - Feb 26, 2011
- Minogue wants dresses with flattering arms - Jun 29, 2011
- Ang Lee praises Suraj Sharma's work in 'Life of Pi' (With Images) - Apr 27, 2012
- Trapped dogs survive after six days in 20ft hole - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: bacon, ball park, bologna, cold cuts, free coupons, free goodies, free hotdogs, hot dog maker, hot dogs, kft, kraft food, kraft foods, lunchtime, misleading customers, oscar mayer wiener, sara lee corp, sle, syd, weinermobile, wieners