Samsung Cautions About The Possible Side Effects Of Watching 3DTVApril 16th, 2010 - 7:37 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Apr 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Samsung Electronics, which is the biggest electronics firm of the world, has made an announcement that has created a sensation among the gadget lovers and technology experts alike. The Korean electronics giant has warned that a section of the viewers may develop certain side effects if they watch 3DTV for extended hours. It can pose health threat to children, the aged lot and pregnant women, according to the caution. The 3DTV sets of Samsung are going to hit the stores in the UK within a few days. According to Samsung, the viewers may be subjected to epileptic fits and nausea. Those who do not get adequate sleep have also been asked not to watch programs on 3D HDTV sets.
It needs to be kept in mind that other manufacturers like LG and Panasonic that are also launching their 3D LED TV range in various countries have not issued any such warning so far. After the release of 3D movies like ‘Avatar’ or the more recent ‘Alice in Wonderland’, the hype around 3D has gone up. Channels like Discovery and ESPN are also reportedly initiating broadcasting of 3D content in the near future. Amidst such a scenario the warning issued by Samsung comes as a spoilsport and it may damage the enthusiasm of the 3D content proponents.
So far the 3D technology on TV relies on 3D glasses which the viewers are required to wear. Samsung says that wearing such glasses for long can strain one’s body. The warning statement has been posted on the website of Samsung. It is quite detailed and explains the symptoms and states how one can avoid them.
- Samsung's 3-D TV warning - Apr 16, 2010
- Samsung Issues 3-D TV Warning Prior To Launching Sets - Apr 17, 2010
- Toshiba Reportedly Introducing 3D TVs That Require No Special Glasses - Aug 25, 2010
- Samsung issues warnings for the viewers of the 3D TV - Apr 16, 2010
- Samsung issues warnings about their 3D TV's for the pregnant women, elderly and children - Apr 17, 2010
- 25 Football World Cup matches to be broadcast in 3D - Jan 06, 2010
- Are 3D films really bad for you? - Jan 21, 2011
- Cox Communications Offering 3D Telecast Of Yankees Game - Jul 10, 2010
- Samsung unveils high definition 3D TVs - Aug 04, 2010
- Watching 3D TV can cause nausea - Apr 17, 2010
- Samsung to launch more footage for its 3D TV service - May 16, 2011
- What do your smartphones and laptops say about you? - Nov 19, 2010
- Vision problems may play spoilsport in viewing 3D movies - May 20, 2010
- 3D Sports Channel To Be Launched By ESPN - Jan 06, 2010
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: 3d glasses, 3d technology, 3dtv, adequate sleep, alice in wonderland, electronics firm, epileptic fits, espn, gadget lovers, hdtv, health threat, hype, nausea, pregnant women, proponents, samsung electronics, sensation, spoilsport, technology experts, tv range