Sadie Declared Winner Of National Dog Show 2009November 27th, 2009 - 7:28 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Philadelphia, Nov. 27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The National Dog Show took place a few days back. The show is organized by Nestle Purina Petcare. According to sources, Kennel Club sanctions the show. It is an endeavor to raise funds for the the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine. Owners came with almost 150 breeds and a little over 1400 dogs to compete in the show. The winner was a Scottish Terrier named Sadie. She is owned by Amelia Musser, from Mackinac Island, Michigan. Sadie is registered with the Kennel Club as the Champion Roundtown Mercedes of Maryscot. She won a cash prize of $6000, not to mention the attention of millions of adoring spectators.
The National Dog Show 2009 was hosted by John O’ Hurley of “Dancing With the Stars” and “Sienfield” fame and David Frey, a canine expert. One of the participants in the show - that is one of the most popular in the country- was Uli, the most known bulldog in the whole of America. The show was aired on NBC. It can safely be assumed that the show is the most watched dog show in the country, judging by it’s TRPs, followed closely by the Westminster Kennel Club Show that started two years before this one in 1877.
The winner in the Herding group was the bearded collie Roy Ch. Tolkien Raintree Mr. Baggins, owned by Ellen Charles. Her hailed from Washington, DC. The Basset Hound Griffon Vendeen Cupid Ch. Celestial CJ’s Heart On Fire won in the hound group. The bulldog Uli won in the non-sporting category, while the miniature Pinscher Soldier Boy took away the prize in the toy category.
- Sadie: "Best In Show" In Westminster Dog Show 2010 - Feb 17, 2010
- National Dog Show Winner Clooney Surprises His Handler - Nov 26, 2010
- Kiwi women believe dogs are better listeners than their partners: Survey - Aug 23, 2010
- Over 400 dogs participate in Ludhiana's dog show - Nov 29, 2010
- Labrador Retriever named America's top dog - Jan 27, 2011
- Over 300 dogs participate in Amritsar show - Dec 20, 2010
- Border collies top list of smartest pooches, Afghans dumbest - Sep 07, 2010
- Deaf dog masters sign language, passes toughest obedience test in Britain - Oct 19, 2010
- Westminster Dog Show 2012 will showcase new breeds - Jan 25, 2012
- Pooches to play flower girls at Brisbane couple's wedding! - Mar 26, 2010
- British bulldog to lose its Churchillian jowl after breeding standards shake-up - Jan 14, 2009
- Three New Dog Breeds Added To AKC Registry - Jun 30, 2010
- New dog breeds recognized by AKC - Jun 30, 2010
- No dog's life for these canines - Feb 10, 2009
- Guwahati hosts dog show - Nov 29, 2009
Tags: bearded collie, dancing with the stars, david frey, heart on fire, herding group, hound group, john o hurley, mackinac island michigan, miniature pinscher, national dog show, nestle purina, pennsylvania school of veterinary medicine, school of veterinary medicine, scottish terrier, sienfield, soldier boy, toy category, university of pennsylvania school of veterinary medicin, westminster kennel club, westminster kennel club show