Runaway emu captured in SC after a long chaseMay 9th, 2010 - 9:19 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Rock Hill, May 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The emu that run wild through the city streets and dodged the police and citizens for hours has finally been caught, thanks to the net wielded by Rock Hill resident, 70 year old Bobby Mangrum. The bird was unhurt in the incident, and it was also reported that the owner of the runaway emu has not yet been identified.
After the capture, the bird was brought to Bobby Mangrum’s farm, where he has two emus himself and authorities said that the runaway bird would remain there until the emu’s owner is found. The runaway emu had a height of six feet, and it is reported that it also managed to run several blocks through the city on Tuesday. Witnesses said that at least 50 people and police officers chased the animal, until Mangrum managed to capture the animal with a fishing net. The bird’s feet were quickly tied, so that it couldn’t manage to dodge them again and run off. Then the authorities gave the bird to Mangrum to keep it, until its owner is found.
The police said they have to report about the runaway emu and they don’t know what to write, since the emu didn’t break any laws, except that “the emu ran away from officers”.
- 'Runaway Emu' Caught In Fishing Net - May 09, 2010
- Emu farming spreads wings in Himachal - Aug 06, 2012
- Punjab farmers take to emu farming - May 03, 2010
- Emu farming a popular new trend in Orissa - May 29, 2010
- Action against cheating emu farm owners, says Jayalalithaa - Aug 17, 2012
- Punjab farmer wants all to take to Emu farming - May 02, 2010
- Emu eggs being stolen from the Alabama zoo - Mar 18, 2011
- Peacock escapes from Central Park zoo - Aug 03, 2011
- Meghalaya culls 5,000 birds - Jan 18, 2012
- Colombian police arrest parrot in crime raid - Sep 17, 2010
- Birds in the dino era pecked just like their modern counterparts - Oct 27, 2010
- Meghalaya on alert after test confirms bird flu - Jan 11, 2012
- Bird flu panic abates in Meghalaya - Feb 11, 2012
- Bird flu suspected in Meghalaya - Feb 10, 2012
- Meet the bird that thinks she's a dog! - Nov 16, 2010