Roseville, CA man pleads guilty on a money laundering caseFebruary 17th, 2010 - 7:56 pm ICT by BNO News
SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) – A Roseville, California man pleaded guilty on Tuesday to conspiracy to commit money laundering, prosecutors announced.
Robert Brogan, 62, was part of a fraud conspiracy that took life insurance proceeds from a woman on 2008. Brogan along his nephew, Raymond Brogan, learned that the victim was about to receive $200,000, after the death of her son, an U.S. Marine.
Raymond Brogan offered the victim his services as financial advisor. As a result he took control of her money, claiming to pay her bills and invest the rest in her behalf. Raymond and Robert Brogan attended several meetings with the victim. In such meetings, Robert Brogan realized that the victim’s assets were being spent fraudulently.
Robert Brogan deposited $31,900 into his account and also wrote a check for $13,539. At this time, he was fully aware that the money and the check were fraudulently obtained. Overall, Raymond and Robert Brogan stole $163,000 for their own benefit.
Raymond Brogan pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 33 months in prison and ordered to pay in restitution the amount of $190,747.
His uncle, Robert Brogan is awaiting for his sentence. He could face up to 10 years in prison.
- Orange County, CA resident sentenced to over 10 years for his part in $61 million Ponzi scheme - May 14, 2010
- Coventry, CT man sentenced for participating in bank fraud scheme - Mar 10, 2010
- Whitney, TX woman sentenced for role in Ponzi scheme - Mar 25, 2010
- Russian jailed in US for bank fraud - Mar 25, 2012
- Walnut Creek, CA woman sentenced for forced labor of domestic servant - Apr 16, 2010
- California Man Pleads Guilty to Lyme Disease Fraud - Sep 25, 2010
- Former beauty queen jailed for kidnapping and torturing her ex - Dec 11, 2010
- Indian gets jail term for brokerage fraud in US - Apr 28, 2010
- Mom pretended to be dead son to collect insurance money - Jun 06, 2012
- US court sentences Chennai-born to 81 months in prison - Apr 27, 2010
- Greely, CO man sentenced for his role in heavy equipment and automobile theft scheme - Mar 16, 2010
- Former co-owner of City of Angels Medical Center sentenced for fraud - Feb 23, 2010
- Two plead guilty to attack on Sikh taxi driver in US - Mar 09, 2011
- Homeless accused of threatening President Obama sentenced to 20 years - Aug 24, 2010
- Los Angeles, CA fugitive sentenced for Medicare fraud - Mar 26, 2010
Tags: 10 years, 163, assets, benefit, bno, brogan, california man, conspiracy, fraud, insurance, life insurance proceeds, money laundering, nephew, prosecutors, restitution, roseville california, sacramento california