Ronald Reagan to grace the $50 bill?March 4th, 2010 - 1:46 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Mar 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rep. Patrick McHenry has proposed that the former US President Ronald Reagan ought to be honored with a spot on the $50 bill. Already other popular US politicians like Franklin D. Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy have got the monetary honors. Franklin D. Roosevelt is present on the dime, whereas John F. Kennedy is present on the half-dollar.
“One decade into the 21st century, it’s time to honor the last great president of the 20th and give President Reagan a place beside Presidents Roosevelt and Kennedy,” McHenry said in a statement. However in the past, the Republicans have failed numerous times when they tried to honor the 40th US President Ronald Reagan. They tried to put him on the $20 bill, even Mount Rushmore, but failed every time. It remains to be seen if their bid succeeds this time around or not.
Currently Ulysses S. Grant holds the $50 bill spot, and Patrick McHenry wants that he should be displaced from his perch, because Ronald Reagan fares better on a survey of the best American President. C-Span took a survey of the best American Presidents, and placed Ronald Reagan on the 10th position, whereas Ulysses S. Grant was far behind at number 23.
- Poll ranks Obama as the 15th best president of US - Jul 02, 2010
- Obama, Hillary Clinton again top most admired list - Dec 28, 2011
- Nancy Reagan Celebrates Ronald Reagan's 100th Birthday - Feb 07, 2011
- Americans rate Ronald Reagan as best-ever US President - Feb 19, 2011
- Previously Unseen Photographs of the JFK Inauguration 50 Years Ago Today - Jan 21, 2011
- Lincoln tops, Clinton moves up, Bush trails in presidential survey - Feb 17, 2009
- US-India ties will remain clouded by Pakistan (IANS Book Review) - May 29, 2010
- Sarah Palin to deliver the keynote address at the 100th birth anniversary of Ronald Reagan - Jan 28, 2011
- How becoming the President of America is the gateway to a fortune - Feb 23, 2011
- Reagan's adopted son trashes filmmaker's documentary, says 'Gipper's' legacy has been hijacked - Feb 22, 2011
- Bush's job approval rating as President higher than Obama's: Poll - Dec 07, 2010
- John F. Kennedy grave site restoration in progress - Oct 31, 2010
- F-16 world's most advanced 4th generation fighter: Lockheed Martin - Jul 21, 2010
- Obama's Irish ancestry revealed in online database - Mar 15, 2011
- Sarah Palin To Bequeath The Keynote Address At The 'Reagan 100' Opening Banquet In California - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: 21st century, 40th us president, american president, american presidents, c span, decade, franklin d roosevelt, half dollar, john f kennedy, mount rushmore, number 23, patrick mchenry, politicians, president reagan, president ronald reagan, republicans, ronald reagan, ulysses s grant, washington dc