Roman Abramovich unable to dock his ‘Eclipse’ yacht as it is too bigAugust 25th, 2011 - 12:53 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich is not a happy man these days as his yacht named Eclipse is apparently too big to dock at the Millionaire’s quay. His luxury yacht - Eclipse is 176 meters long and the quay doesn’t have such a big space to host it. In fact the officials told the Russian billionaire that they had a place where he could have docked his yacht but apparently that space is not free at the moment as it is occupied by another luxury yacht, which is owned by the Saudi Sheikh Prince Aziz al Saud.
So now the 300 millions pounds worth yacht has to languish out in the sea, which is quite some distance away from Roman’s beach front abode.
Eclipse holds the record as the world’s largest private yacht and it has numerous facilities on board like a missile detection system, saloon and spa services, a swimming pool and even a mini-submarine on board. Apart from that it also boasts of not one but two helipads as well. Since Roman is very cautious about his security so all the windows on the yacht are bullet-proof as well.
- World's largest yacht is 590 feet long - Jun 13, 2012
- Black Eyed Peas to play at Russian billionaire's estate on New Year's - Dec 28, 2010
- Wealthy locals look to cash in on billionaires at World Cup - Dec 06, 2009
- Billionaire Russian Capitalist, Roman Abramovich, Acquires An Island Worth $400 Million For Lodging His Famous Art Collection - Dec 08, 2010
- Roman Abramovich Buys New Holland Island For $400 Million To Set Up Museum - Dec 08, 2010
- Chelsea's Abramovich splashes 300 M pounds on 557-ft yacht - Jun 15, 2009
- Abramovich to buy 200 m pound anti-pirate raid yacht - Oct 06, 2008
- Putin asks Abramovich to 'open his wallet' to help fund 2018 World Cup - Dec 05, 2010
- Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher go jet skiing on New Year's Eve - Jan 02, 2011
- Chelsea owner Abramovich's wealth declaration reveals his billions from business - Feb 17, 2011
- Roman Abramovich buys island for $400 million to showcase his art collection - Dec 08, 2010
- Luxury yacht worth $3.2 million sinks in Lake Tahoe - Jul 12, 2012
- Fairytale romance: Fisherman weds billionaire's daughter - Aug 19, 2010
- Roman Abramovich ready to stick with Chelsea manager Ancelotti - Dec 29, 2010
- Largest floating fortress for Chelsea owner - Oct 06, 2008
Tags: abode, al saud, billionaire, bullet proof, eclipse, happy man, helipads, london, luxury yacht, millionaire, mini submarine, missile detection, pounds worth, prince, private yacht, roman abramovich, sheikh, spa services, swimming pool