Riders Stuck In The Great American Roller Coaster Ride RescuedAugust 11th, 2009 - 9:37 pm ICT by GD
The fun seekers who had gone for a jolly ride in the newest addition to the Great America amusement park got a scare that will last them a lifetime. The high on thrill, adrenalin pumping ride, Invertigo roller coaster gave them much more than the stipulated thrill it was meant to provide. It remained stuck on its tracks, after reaching its peak, suspended almost 80 feet above the ground, for endless hours at a stretch.
Finally, the traumatized riders were brought down with the help from firefighters, after being at their wit’s end while sweating buckets in the afternoon heat (almost 95 degree). Almost a couple of dozen of people were stuck in the ride at the Santa Clara amusement park in California.
The ride had reportedly got stuck at about 1 p.m and it was only after a lengthy and long stretched rescue operation that lasted more than four to five hours, that the last of the hapless riders were helped down. The riders had remained suspended while being strapped to their seat, during the rescue operation, their legs dangling in the air.
The San Jose Fire Dept. Capt. Scott Kouns informed that the last of the riders stuck in the Invertigo Roller Coaster was taken off a little earlier than 6 p.m. on Monday. Kouns said, “They’re sitting upright. They are not hurt, there’s no injuries.”
The amusement park authorities also said that there has been no injuries in the agonizing incident. The riders had been reportedly lowered to a buckets situated at the end of the aerial ladders gently, one at a time.
- Rollercoaster malfunction leaves 25 hanging midair - Jan 25, 2011
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom roller coaster left stranded - Jul 31, 2012
- Experience virtual roller coaster in Delhi - Jul 29, 2010
- Knotts Berry Farm Accident: Roller Coaster Turns Wild - Sep 19, 2009
- Ultimo's ultimate bra test checks endurance on a roller coaster - Sep 03, 2010
- World's smoothest roller coaster ride designed on paper - Jul 19, 2010
- Harry Potter park opens in US for wizard fans - Jun 19, 2010
- 78-year-old Pennsylvanian Male, Laden With Bounciness, Rides A Roller Coaster 90 Times In A Day - Aug 17, 2010
- Rollercoaster rides can cause ear injury - May 01, 2010
- Big B loves Delhi winter (Movie Snippets) - Dec 16, 2011
- 15-year-old girl dies in an amusement park in a ride - Jul 19, 2010
- Roller Coaster Car Accident In Knotts Berry Farm Injures 10 - Oct 08, 2010
- Harry Potter theme park opens in Florida - Jun 18, 2010
- 2 Females Rescued Subsequent To An Hour On A Hindered Fair Ride In Miami - Mar 31, 2010
- World's steepest roller coaster opens in UK - Jul 06, 2009
Tags: aerial ladders, afternoon heat, amusement park, buckets, capt scott, endless hours, fire dept, firefighters, great america amusement park, legs, lifetime, newest addition, park authorities, roller coaster ride, santa clara, scare, seekers, wit