Rick Perry’s jog sparks ‘coyote special’ pistolsMay 25th, 2010 - 8:49 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, May 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Strum, Ruger & Co. has manufactured ‘Coyote Special’ pistols after Texas Governor Rick Perry used the gun to kill a coyote, that was threatening his dog.
The gun, which is of the limited edition variety, has ‘Coyote Special’ emblazoned on one side. The pistol also has ‘A True Texan’ written on the other side. The gun also has an image of a coyote howling at the full moon with five-pointed star of Texas on the top of the gun. According to the manufacturer, the gun is available for sale for the Texans only. McBride’s Guns in Austin Texas said that sale of the ‘Coyote Special’ has been quite good.
The gun is being sold for $340, and a laser version of the gun would cost $180 more. Governor Perry is a frequent customer at McBride’s Guns and the shop still has ample stock of the gun for sale. The interest in the ‘Coyote Special’ has been attributed to the publication of the governor’s shooting of the coyote with his .380 pistol.
It ought to be mentioned that recently the Texas Governor Rick Perry had shot dead a coyote with his laser-sighted pistol. Rick Perry was jogging in the morning in an area near Austin, which is quite undeveloped and secluded. Then he saw that a coyote was threatening his dog, and Terry immediately took out his pistol, which is also laser sighted and shot the coyote in one clean shot.
- Texas Governor, Rick Perry, Inspires The Emergence Of 'Coyote Special' Pistols - May 25, 2010
- Austin Gunshops Selling Out Rick Perry 'Coyote Special' Varmint - May 25, 2010
- Texas Governor Rick Perry shoots a coyote with his pistol - Apr 29, 2010
- Pistol Packin Texas Governor Rick Perry Shoots Coyote - Apr 29, 2010
- Texas Governor Rick Perry Does Cameo In "Deep In The Heart" - Jan 16, 2011
- Rick Perry has a hard time on the GOP debate - Sep 13, 2011
- Republican presidential candidates spar over everything - Sep 08, 2011
- Rick Perry gets the backing of Dean Cannon - Aug 25, 2011
- Texas Gov. Perry credits Texas Film Incentive Program with creating hundreds of jobs - Feb 06, 2010
- Texas to invest $1.5 million to open manufacturing facility in Wichita Falls - Feb 27, 2010
- Texas Governor Perry announces US presidential bid - Aug 14, 2011
- Texas invests $1.4 million in new Facebook office in Austin - Feb 26, 2010
- Austin, TX to receive grant to create Austin Police Department mobile shooting range - Apr 19, 2010
- Texas Governor Perry appoints three new government members - Mar 17, 2010
- Bobby Jindal endorses Rick Perry for president - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,