Richard III remains found in LeicesterSeptember 12th, 2012 - 9:33 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Leicester, Sept 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Archeologists are making more efforts so as to get to the lost grave of King Richard III. They have been able to find the skeletal remains of a body that has a metal arrow at its back.
The skeletal remains were dug up at a parking area in Leicester the previous Tuesday. The dig up was conducted by an archeological team from Leicester University and laboratory tests are still being carried out to determine whether the remains belong to King Richard. The remains were found buried without the use of a coffin and they believe that this body had been buried in shrouds.
The location that the remains were found is believed to be the choir of the church of Grey Friars. This site was also discovered through the dig up that had taken a period of about three weeks and it is believed to be the site where monarchs were laid to rest.
The research and analysis that had been previously conducted on the body led to the conclusion that the remains belonged to a male adult in good condition. Richard Taylor of Leicester University said to the media that the cause of the death was trauma on the cranium.
- Remains of medieval British monarch unearthed? - Sep 12, 2012
- Archeologists find a 5100 year old door in the Swiss city of Zurich - Oct 21, 2010
- Czech archeologists discover remains of first gay caveman - Apr 08, 2011
- Russian 'genius' lived with 26 female bodies - Nov 04, 2011
- Lee Harvey Oswald's coffin sells for $87,469 - Dec 17, 2010
- Archaeologists find some of the worlds rarest relics in Iran - Dec 15, 2008
- WWII Assam cemetery being dug for Japanese troops' remains - Jan 19, 2012
- Excavation in Boston offers insight into 19th century brothel - Oct 19, 2010
- 'Mona Lisa's remains' to be dug up in order to recreate her face - Apr 06, 2011
- Goa priest bans burying dead with gold, trinkets - Jul 17, 2010
- 'Gay caveman' 'neither gay nor a caveman' - Apr 10, 2011
- Supreme Court pulls up Modi on FIR against activist - Feb 21, 2012
- 10 killed in illegal Egyptian archaeological dig - Mar 12, 2012
- Evidence indicates Stone Age man lived in Birmingham more than 10,000 years ago - Jul 27, 2009
- Searches continue at missing Bollywood starlet's villa - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,