Rhode Island Prison Guard Matthew Lacroix Arrested For Pretending To Be His Boss On FacebookDecember 18th, 2010 - 7:41 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Law enforcement officials have announced that a prison guard at the Adult Correctional Institutions of Rhode Island has been arrested and charged with setting up a false Facebook page. The prison guard, reportedly, pretended to be the boss of the Adult Correctional Institutions on his Facebook page. The police said that the 27-year-old Matthew Lacroix denied all the charges against him when police arrested him. However, later he admitted that he posted the page on Facebook.
The law enforcement officials have reported that Matthew Lacroix denied the allegations and pleaded not guilty to the charges against him. He, reportedly, said that he did not use any “fraudulent” information and did not pretend to be A.T. Wall, the director of Correction center. The spokesperson of the prison said that the law enforcement authorities became aware of the fake profile in August. However, the police could not say why Matthew Lacroix had set up the page in that reputed social networking site. The investigators later found traced IP address of the area from which the page was set up and found out that it was Matthew Lacroix’s neighbor’s home.
When the law enforcement officials interrogated Matthew Lacroix’s neighbors, they said that the Rhode Island prison guard often used to visit their home and use their computer for his personal work. The jury of Cranston District Court found him guilty as he used “fraudulent information” and as a result he has been ordered to pay $500 fine to the Victims Indemnity Fund. The state police Capt. James Demers said that the man initially denied all the charges but later admitted it by saying that he does not want to land his neighbors in trouble because of him.
- Prison Guard Jayme Biendl Found Dead At Monroe Correctional Complex - Feb 01, 2011
- Russian arms dealer shifted to Brooklyn jail - Feb 26, 2012
- Indian American fundraiser for jailed governor arrested - Jun 21, 2012
- Police on the lookout for underwear escapee - Jan 12, 2012
- Youth prison guard fired over his racial comments on Facebook - Aug 07, 2010
- Indonesian arrested for not believing in god - Jan 22, 2012
- Cooking oil spill leaves Rhode Island smelling like fries - Apr 13, 2011
- Facebook wedding photo leads to polygamy charge - Mar 22, 2011
- Italian police shut down 'bullying' Facebook page - Dec 04, 2010
- Orioles pitcher Simon sent to preventive prison for killing a man - Jan 04, 2011
- New York EMT pleads guilty of posting murder scene photo on Facebook - Dec 11, 2010
- Former Playboy Playmate Angela Dorian Charged With Attempt To Murder - Oct 21, 2010
- Facebook's decision to guard 'illegal contents' spurs debate over free speech on internet - Dec 13, 2010
- US man charged with polygamy after Facebook pic with 2nd wife emerges - Mar 22, 2011
- Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman makes first court appearance - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: allegations, boss, correction center, demers, facebook, gina gomez, indemnity fund, investigators, island prison, law enforcement authorities, law enforcement officials, neighbor, neighbors, personal work, police capt, prison guard, rhode island, social networking site, spokesperson, state police