Report: Snail had caused fatal crash at a traffic light in UKJanuary 31st, 2011 - 10:47 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Jan 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) After months of investigation, the police in Britain have concluded that an automobile crash that claimed the life of a teenager was caused by a slug or a snail.
19-year-old Katie Dagley was killed last August when her vehicle collided head-on with another vehicle. The crash was blamed on a malfunctioning traffic light that signaled both sides on a lane to move.
The police inquiry determined that the traffic light’s circuit board was damaged after the snail walked over it.
The other car that Dagley crashed into was being driven by 18-year-old James Cope. Cope told reporters that though he saw the car of Dagley ahead, he was thinking it will stop because the light on his side of the traffic had gone green.
He explained that, “As I crossed the bridge, I did see headlights but I continued driving, not thinking the car was going to come on to the bridge at the same time. As I came off the bridge, that’s when the collision happened. I did not brake, I did not have time to brake.”
The police have closed the criminal investigation into the death of Dagley. Her death has now been classified as an accident.
- Teenager Killed As Slug Causes Traffic Light Failure - Jan 31, 2011
- Driver rams bus into park to avoid collision - Mar 07, 2012
- Nearly 200 dead in Nepal accidents this year - Jul 15, 2012
- Moscow motorists protest abuse of sirens by officials - Feb 26, 2011
- Putin cracks down on car sirens used by officials - May 19, 2012
- 23 die in China accident - Apr 12, 2012
- Woman jailed for killing man while chasing boyfriend - Dec 10, 2011
- Man held for killing two while 'sleep-driving' - Feb 07, 2012
- Brendan Cole involved in Silverstone car crash - Jul 23, 2012
- At least 8 killed in northern China minibus crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Toyota recalls more than 680000 vehicles over safety concerns - Mar 08, 2012
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- Nine killed in Haryana accident - Oct 28, 2011
- After accident, Haryana district to regulate traffic - Apr 29, 2011
- Staying alive on Asian roads (The Funny Side) - Jul 20, 2012