Red Ribbon Week Begins Amidst EnthusiasmOctober 26th, 2010 - 7:51 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The students of various schools in USA have been gearing up for the Red Ribbon Week and the color Red seems to be popping up in almost every corner. The students of various schools are taking part in the campaign. The celebrations and programs are meant for urging communities to take a hard stand against drug abuse. The tradition of the Red Ribbon week came into place after a Drug Enforcement Administration agent named Enrique Camarena was killed by drug traffickers. The incident took place way back in 1985. In Norfork High School, the students are taking part in quiz every day about facts related to drugs and ways to fight drug addiction.
A number of counselors are also helping out the students in this regard. The students are also encouraged to dress up as drug free character. The teachers are also showing the students documentary and educational films that depict why and how teens get into drugs. In Cotter High school, the students have been asked to wear red ribbons and dresses that relate with the theme of the week. In Mountain Home High School, the career academics are in a mood for celebration. The faculties are going to wear red with the students on a day as it has been reported.
In USA, a lot of students spoil their life after getting addicted to drugs and narcotic substances every year. The objective of the Red Ribbon week is to spread the message of saying no to drugs among the teen students when they can be most susceptible to its influence.
- Parents to take 'anti-narcotics' oath for drug-free Himachal - Sep 28, 2010
- 10 yr-olds seek rehab for alcohol addiction in Australia - Feb 12, 2011
- V-Day venom: Youngsters flirt with cobra drug (With Images) - Feb 15, 2012
- Divorced man blogs 101 uses for ex-wife's wedding gown - May 24, 2010
- Sehwag visits hospital to show his support for HIV patients - Mar 04, 2011
- Anna's protest affects Orissa courts, schools - Aug 17, 2011
- Children take out anti-addiction rally in Leh on World Red Cross Day - May 09, 2010
- British primary school students wore sari on Diwali - Nov 11, 2010
- Cocaine chronicles: Metros see steep rise in party drugs - Nov 09, 2011
- No Red Ribbon Express in Delhi on World AIDS Day - Dec 01, 2011
- St. Joseph's students sweep varsity quiz contest - Jul 21, 2011
- New York Police busts oxycodone drug trafficking ring - Mar 18, 2011
- One in five Russian teenagers is depressed - Feb 14, 2012
- Army School wins IGNOU quiz contest (With Image) - May 12, 2011
- Condoms, sex issues taboo no more at Jamia Millia (Feature) - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: career academics, celebration, celebrations, cotter high school, counselors, dresses, drug abuse, drug addiction, drug enforcement administration, drug traffickers, educational films, enrique camarena, faculties, free character, narcotic substances, ranjan, red ribbon week, red ribbons, schools in usa, teen students