Rattlesnake rodeos changeApril 22nd, 2010 - 8:28 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
April 22, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): It may be an aged Southern convention, but it is being compelled to change itself. Conservative associations and reptile specialists are pushing hard to bring a conclusion to the Southern convention of rattlesnake arrests. They have declared that the Eastern diamondback populations are diminishing to hazardously low levels, mainly owing to festivals like the yearly rattlesnake roundups.
Snake hunters though disagree about the diminishing populace of the rattlesnake. Don Childre, a longtime snake hunter, has mentioned that he hasn’t seen any reduction in the amount or size of snakes. He divulged that they have pursued the same locations for 50 years and are still getting snakes out of them and could possibly acquire many more.
Cities like the southern Alabama town of Opp, an old railroad town, positioned about 20 miles north of Florida, has been giving out snake hunters and organizing festivals with the seized reptiles for the last five decades. Endorsers of the event have divulged that the hunters assist in doing away with a nuisance to many proprietors.
Biologist Bruce Means, who educates at the Florida State University, printed a report last year. It divulged that the numbers of the snakes and the weights of the biggest snakes, which participants informed on yearly, have reduced in the last two decades. Hunters have had to journey further to gather snakes in the recent years.
- Rattlesnake Rodeos Leading To The Depletion Of Rattlesnakes - Apr 22, 2010
- Texas beauty pageant winner must behead and skin a rattlesnake! - Mar 14, 2011
- Florida Python Hunt Is On - Mar 09, 2010
- Robot squirrels battle rattlesnakes - Apr 05, 2012
- Septuagenarian Female In Wisconsin Slays A Rattlesnake With An Ice Chopper - Aug 24, 2010
- Save snakes from atrocities on Nag Panchami: PETA - Aug 02, 2011
- PETA to snake charmers: Use fake snakes on Nag Panchami - Jul 20, 2012
- New species of blind snake found in Brazil - Aug 02, 2012
- Slash launches wildlife charity - Aug 24, 2012
- Searching for cannabis, British cops come across alligator - Jun 20, 2012
- A Worldwide Study Divulges That The Population Of The Snakes Is Declining - Jun 15, 2010
- Dare to buy; house of snakes on sale! - Jan 24, 2011
- About 250 feared dead in southern US storms - Apr 29, 2011
- Gigantic new turtle fossil discovered - Jul 12, 2012
- Lizards Dying Of Heat - May 14, 2010
Tags: alabama town, biggest snakes, biologist, childre, conservative associations, eastern diamondback, endorsers, florida state university, men at work, nuisance, pen men, populace, proprietors, railroad town, rattlesnake, rattlesnake roundups, reptiles, rodeos, snake hunter, southern alabama