Rajeev Motwani passes awayJune 6th, 2009 - 8:31 pm ICT by GD
Rajeev Motwani passed away on June 5. He passed away in the later part of the day reportedly in a home accident. He was 45. The Stanford professor’s funeral service arrangements have not yet been announced.
Motwani was the winner of the Godel Prize, which is a very prestigious award in the field of theoretical computer science. He was one of the youngest professors teaching at the Stanford. He taught computer science in the college. Even till the last quarter he continued with his passion, teaching. His love for teaching and technology is widely known in his circle. Motwani was known for advising Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page and PayPal in their start up endeavors. Before his involvement with Google, Motwani launched the Mining Data at Stanford project (MIDAS). MIDAS is an umbrella organization for a number of companies that help format innovative new data management concepts.
Motwani’s contribution to academics has been in the form of such books as “Randomized Algorithms”.He had also produced a wide number of technology patents. Motwani had an avid interest in data privacy, web search, robotics, computational drug design and theoretical computer science. He has won numerous awards for his contributions in various fields. Prominent among them are the Okawa Foundation Research Award and the Arthur Sloan Research Fellowship.
Rajeev Motwani was a strong unbinding force behind many start up companies and provided valuable advice in matters of investment. He had been on the board of Google, Mimosa Systems, Baynote, Vuclip, Adchemy and Stanford Student Enterprises and a host of other big names.
- A bit of Rajeev Motwani in every technology: Google co-founder - Jun 08, 2009
- Google guru Rajeev Motwani dead - Jun 07, 2009
- Google mentor Rajeev Motwani dies - Jun 07, 2009
- Google mentor Rajeev Motwani dies in freak accident - Jun 07, 2009
- Rajeev Motwani found dead in pool - Jun 09, 2009
- Police probe into Google mentor Rajeev Motwani awaits autopsy - Jun 08, 2009
- Motwani's death due to accidental drowning, say US police - Jul 17, 2009
- Facebook, Apple may be balkanising the web - Apr 16, 2012
- Meet the man who calls himself the third co-founder of Google - Sep 26, 2008
- Britain lagging behind in digital age: Google chief - Aug 27, 2011
- Jamia: Little known hub of pioneering scientific research - Nov 26, 2011
- Google announces management changes - Jan 21, 2011
- New book reveals Google's fallout with Apple and exit from China - Apr 10, 2011
- Yahoo names new CEO (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Kalam awards Infosys prizes to six noted scientists - Jan 09, 2012
Tags: adchemy, computational drug design, foundation research, godel prize, google, google founders, home accident, motwani, okawa foundation, paypal, privacy web, project midas, sergey brin, sloan research fellowship, stanford professor, stanford project, stanford student enterprises, technology patents, theoretical computer science, umbrella organization