Radio Times issues apology for inappropriate pictureJanuary 25th, 2012 - 9:17 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Jan 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Radio Times has apologized for publishing a picture showing the manhood of a soldier. The magazine failed to detect that one of the soldiers had exposed his private parts and published the image in last week’s edition of the magazine.
The picture was meant to promote a new show set to air on Channel 5 titled Royal Marines: Mission Afghanistan. The image had 42 soldiers all shirtless but one of the soldiers decided to go a bit further than that. A casual look can fool one to believe that the private part is a sticking finger but a closer look reveals that the hands are on the sides of the soldier.
Radio Times in a statement published in this week’s edition of the magazine apologized to the public for the picture. The magazine stated that, “’Radio Times would like to apologize for a picture that has inadvertently been published in the new issue of the magazine. It has come to our attention that an apparently innocent photo of the Royal Marines’ 42 Commando unit – printed by Radio Times in good faith and issued by Channel 5’s publicity department to promote the documentary Royal Marines: Mission Afghanistan – contains the sight of one of the marines playing a prank.”
The ‘exposed’ marine has not been identified. The Daily Mail has set out to find the soldier for an interview.
- Leeann Tweeden poses for Playboy - Nov 09, 2011
- US Army apologizes for new Afghan civilian Corpses' photos - Mar 29, 2011
- Rihanna creates a buzz with her Rolling Stone cover - Mar 30, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's Playboy cover picture released - Dec 08, 2011
- William & Kate featured on the cover page of Vanity Fair - Jun 01, 2011
- Tamil magazine to apologise to Jayalalithaa for defaming her - Jan 13, 2012
- Katie Holmes settles with the Star Magazine - Apr 28, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan to be on cover of Playboy - Nov 09, 2011
- Rogue Afghan soldier kills two British troops in southern Afghanistan - Mar 26, 2012
- Kanimozhi issues legal notice to Chennai weekly - Jun 02, 2011
- Pentagon condemns US soldiers posing with Afghan corpses - Apr 18, 2012
- Taylor Swift may sue over topless pics - Oct 31, 2011
- Rare Hitler colour photos found - Jan 12, 2012
- Hasidic newspaper apologizes for Hillary Clinton photo blunder - May 10, 2011
- US daily terms PM 'tragic figure', government extracts apology (Intro Roundup) - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: afghanistan, apology, channel 5, closer look, commando unit, daily mail, good faith, london jan, manhood, news radio, photo, private parts, publicity department, radio times, royal marines, shirtless, soldier