Racist receipts lead to firing of Chick-fil-A cashierDecember 14th, 2011 - 8:26 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Dec 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A cashier at the eatery Chick-fil-A has been fired for giving two Asian customers racist receipts. The cashier allegedly failed to ask the names of the customers who are students of UC Irvine but instead gave them receipts with the names “Ching” and “Chong.”
The incident happened at the Orange County store of the franchise. Chick-fil-A has confirmed the incident saying they have taken the necessary action to rectify the situation.
In a statement issued by spokesperson Jerry Johnston, the company said that, “Please understand and accept our confirmation that the inappropriate, and unthinking behavior of a young team member at one of our restaurants does not support any claim or even suggestion of racism at our restaurant.”
The company said the employee violated the ethics of the restaurant and that is why he was fired. The company stressed that they go the enter length to welcome everyone at the restaurant. This does not do any good to the image of Chick-fil-A which is facing some public images challenges lately.
Ironically, Chick-fil-A recently announced that customers should post their unexpected experiences on the blog of the company. This might indeed be some of the things customers are expected to write on the website.
- Pizza chain apologises for racial slur on receipt - Jan 09, 2012
- Chick-Fil-A offering free breakfast - Sep 06, 2011
- Gay activists to hold their couple kissing day at Chick-fil-A restaurants - Aug 03, 2012
- Chick Fil-A offers free breakfast at select outlets - Aug 30, 2011
- Mother duck lays eggs at 'Chick-fil-A' drive-thru - Apr 08, 2011
- Burger King worker posted pictures of himself standing in bins of lettuce - Jul 19, 2012
- Masked men shoot bank cashier, loot Rs.1 million - Mar 28, 2012
- Breastaurant is the biggest rage in US - Jun 07, 2011
- Euro 2012: UEFA fines Croatia for racism - Jun 20, 2012
- Brazilian restaurant to open branches in Mexico, Colombia - Jul 31, 2012
- Francisco Perez shocked to hear profanity at Burger King - Nov 18, 2010
- Airtel users in Mumbai fail to connect due to network glitch - Dec 27, 2011
- Customer gets a Heart Attack at the Heart Attack Grill - Feb 16, 2012
- Blaze in Delhi eatery - Oct 26, 2011
- Technical issue delays Fortnum & Mason's hampers - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: blog, cashier, chick fil, ching and chong, confirmation, ethics, franchise, jerry johnston, orange county, public images, racism, receipts, restaurants, spokesperson, suggestion, team member, uc irvine, unexpected experiences