Putin’s Scuba dive discovery ‘was faked’October 6th, 2011 - 11:52 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Moscow, Oct 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The world woke up to the shocking news on Thursday that the much touted scuba dive of Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin was faked. Putin, often referred to as the strongman in Russia politics, last August announced in a video to the world that he has found two ancient Greek jars during a scuba dive.
The spokesperson of Putin admitted that the jars were already there and the Prime Minster just faked the find.
In the video which has been viewed many times on YouTube, 58-year-old Putin held the two jars and shouted “It’s my trophy.” Spokesperson Dmitry Peskov says that was just a stunt.
During an interview, Peskov admitted that, “Putin did not find the amphorae on the sea bed that had been lying there for thousands of years… They were found during an (archaeological) expedition several weeks or days beforehand. Of course, they were then left there (for him to find) or placed there. It is a completely normal thing to do.”
Putin has other videos to his credit. The most daring of them all is the one that he rode shirtless on a horse in the freezing temperatures of Siberia.
Putin is widely tipped to take back the seat that he handed President Dmitry Medvedev in the upcoming election in 2012.
- Biden invites Putin to visit US - Apr 22, 2011
- Putin to cheer for Russian judokas in Olympics - Aug 02, 2012
- Did Vladimir Putin don makeup to hide his black eye? - Oct 29, 2010
- Putin says no to TV presidential debates - Jan 12, 2012
- Plot to kill Putin foiled (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Why Is Sameera Reddy Staying Under Water For Long? - Nov 23, 2010
- Study on ancient Tel Aviv fortress sheds light on its past - Dec 29, 2010
- Putin's birthday triggers Twitter flash mob - Oct 08, 2011
- Putin unaffected by assassination plot - Feb 28, 2012
- Russian girls urged to strip for Putin's presidency - Jul 18, 2011
- Putin's presidential campaign goes online - Jan 12, 2012
- Russians protest against 'election fraud' - Dec 06, 2011
- Putin plot suspects unlikely to be extradited from Ukraine (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Putin warns against bypassing UNSC Syria veto - Jul 21, 2012
- Putin spokesman hopes ties with US 'remain good' - Sep 08, 2012
Tags: amphorae, archaeological expedition, dive discovery, dmitry medvedev, moscow, prime minster, russia, russian prime minister, scuba dive, sea bed, shocking news, siberia, spokesperson, strongman, temperatures, trophy, upcoming election, vladimir putin