Pupils sleep in their school after heavy snow traps themDecember 8th, 2010 - 12:24 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
South Lanarkshire, Dec 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Heavy snow forced school pupils to spend the night at the premises of their school itself. The inclement weather stranded the students, the school personnel and their parents in the school itself.
The snowstorm was so bad that there was no chance of going home, so the school staff decided to turn the classrooms into a dormitory so that the students could spend the night there. Around 100 children were affected due to the sudden inclement weather and they spent the night in the school premises.
Principal Margaret Clarke said that, “The children have bedded down in different classrooms. Some parents are managing to arrive now, but after seven or eight-hour journeys. Many saw their children were happy and safe decided to join them and face the return journey [on Tuesday].”
It may be recalled that Scotland has recently seen bad weather and the normal life has been disrupted very badly. Minister Stewart Stevenson himself felt sorry about how the bad weather has affected the normal life of the public and how the transport routes have been drastically affected. The climatic conditions are reported to worsen in the coming days.
- Harsh Snow Compels The Pupils Of The Hamilton School To Spend Monday Night At Their School Itself - Dec 08, 2010
- A school for 'floating' kids - Jun 02, 2011
- British kids carry knives to school - Sep 12, 2011
- Florida school makes changes to nut allergy restrictions - Mar 28, 2011
- Facebook, Twitter blamed for pupils' low grades, poor concentration - Nov 19, 2010
- Half of British parents favour cane in classroom - Sep 16, 2011
- Abu Dhabi Indian schools to have 20,000 seats by 2013 - Apr 22, 2011
- iPads could replace books in China school - Apr 03, 2012
- Britain prepares to discipline schoolchildren - Sep 02, 2011
- 110,000 pounds for British school sans pupil - Aug 22, 2010
- Jammu and Kashmir school lacks basic infrastructure facilities - Aug 19, 2010
- Computer games could be turning your kid violent - Jul 26, 2012
- 6 children hurt in UP school roof collapse - May 01, 2012
- UK school's ex-pupils call Beckhams 'working class' - Apr 06, 2011
- British schools send off 900 violent pupils each day - Jul 30, 2011
Tags: bad weather, climatic conditions, dormitory, going home, heavy snow, inclement weather, journeys, lanarkshire, margaret clarke, minister stewart, return journey, school premises, school pupils, school staff, scotland, sleep, snowstorm, south lanarkshire, stewart stevenson, transport routes