Puerto Rico police arrest drug kingpinJuly 19th, 2010 - 12:54 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Puerto Rico, July 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Puerto Rican police has finally been instrumental in arresting a drug kingpin. The alleged drug kingpin who had also escaped from prison before has been arrested after a high-speed chase with the police through the streets of Santurce, which is a neighborhood in Puerto Rico’s San Juan.
The 46-year-old Jose David Figueroa Agosto was the most wanted man in Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic. Figueroa has been likened to the most notorious drug lord in Colombian history - Pablo Escobar. He was arrested on Saturday, when he was identified by officers who were conducting surveillance. When they asked him to identify himself, Figueroa is quoted as saying “Everybody knows who I am”.
Figueroa had been arrested before but has managed to escape from prisons in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. In Puerto Rico, he was jailed for murder but he escaped in 1999. He recently escaped again from Dominican Republic prison when he was arrested for drug trafficking. When he was arrested in Dominican Republic, Figueroa had with him around $4 million in cash.
He is also charged in the United States with passport fraud and unlawful flight to avoid being prosecuted.
When he was arrested, it was detected that he has altered his looks with a wig.
- Jose Figueroa Agosto Taken Into Custody In Puerto Rico - Jul 18, 2010
- Dominican Republic shipwreck toll rises to 16 - Feb 06, 2012
- Andres Escobar: The Tragic Story Of Columbian Football On ESPN - Jun 23, 2010
- Puerto Rican held for killing two in US - Aug 17, 2012
- Puerto Rican militant arrested after 25 years on the run - May 11, 2011
- 10 dead as Dominican boat capsizes - Feb 05, 2012
- Cheo Feliciano to join Dominican singer for his new album - Jul 07, 2011
- Actor needed psychological help to play drug lord - Jul 25, 2012
- Shakira in Puerto Rico to be with boyfriend - Aug 14, 2012
- Toddler left on slain father's body - Mar 20, 2012
- Puerto Rico Mayor camps out to prove that the streets are safe - Aug 03, 2012
- Puerto Rican rappers sing on social ills - Jul 03, 2011
- Puerto Rico busts septuagenarian for selling drugs - Mar 07, 2012
- Happy to be alive after cancer treatment: Puerto Rican singer - Jun 21, 2011
- Colombian gets 30 years for disappearance of 1985 siege survivors - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: colombian history, david figueroa, dominican republic, drug kingpin, drug lord, drug trafficking, high speed chase, neighborhood, notorious drug, passport fraud, police arrest, prisons, puerto rican, puerto rico, san juan, santurce, surveillance, unlawful flight, wanted man, wig