Psychiatrist: ‘Casey Anthony was cheerful in jail’January 12th, 2012 - 9:31 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Jan 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An insight has been shared on the mood of Casey Anthony in jail as she prepared to go on trial for the murder of her two-year-old daughter Caylee. Casey’s psychiatric evaluation was made public on Wednesday, the first time since the trial that led to many Americans becoming angry.
The two depositions from psychiatrists curiously showed a cheerful Casey in jail ahead of the start the trial that could have resulted in the death sentence. The report also shed more light about the grim allegations that Casey made against her father during the trial.
The 25-year-old told the court that her father, George Anthony, sexually molested her when she was growing up. The court threw out the allegation because there was no evidence to support the claim.
The Orlando Sun-Sentinel petitioned for the deposition to be unsealed. The depositions are from Drs. Jeffrey Danziger and William Weitz who discussed the allegations that Casey made against her father and the account of how her daughter died.
Dr. Danziger penned in his report that when he visited Casey in Jail in 2008, she was basically cheerful. He wrote in his deposition that, “Mood, good. Reading books, keeping self distracted. Calm, bright affect. No feelings of guilt, not hopeless. Sleeping fine. Appetite okay. Weight stable. Energy okay. Concentration normal. Able to read. And I wrote in there surprisingly cheerful but not manic.”
- Casey Anthony reveals that she became pregnant after being raped - Jan 12, 2012
- Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprises - May 27, 2011
- Defense now alleges that Caylee Anthony drowned in pool - May 25, 2011
- Casey Anthony trial: Jury sees pictures of Caylee's skull - Jun 10, 2011
- Cindy Anthony will not face perjury charges - Jul 13, 2011
- Casey Anthony trial continues - Jun 03, 2011
- Casey Anthony found hiding in Florida - May 23, 2012
- Casey Anthony's Letters Written In Jail Publicized - Apr 08, 2010
- Judge Out Of The Case Of Casey Anthony - Apr 20, 2010
- Grandmother breaks down during Casey Anthony trial - Jun 01, 2011
- Casey Anthony trial costs more than $140,000 - Jul 22, 2011
- Bill Maher compares Casey Anthony's case to 'Republican Thinking' - Jul 11, 2011
- Prosecutors Desire The Death Penalty For Casey Anthony - May 15, 2010
- Reports suggest that Casey Anthony is in hiding - Sep 22, 2011
- Prosecutors release Casey Anthony prison letters - Apr 10, 2010
Tags: allegation, allegations, appetite, casey, concentration, danziger, death sentence, deposition, depositions, drs, feelings of guilt, insight, orlando sun, psychiatric evaluation, psychiatrist, psychiatrists, reading books, sun sentinel, weitz