Principal & Assistant Principal shot in the Inskip Elementary School shootingFebruary 11th, 2010 - 2:33 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Knoxville, Feb 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There has been a shooting at the Inskip Elementary School in North Knoxville. Two adult females are said to be shot at, and they have been identified as the principal and the assistant principal of the school. The only saving grace is that there is lesser chance now of anybody else being injured, as the suspect is now in custody.
Knoxville Police Chief Sterling Owen said that the Inskip Principal Elisa Luna and Assistant Principal Amy Brace were shot. He also said that the injuries to both of them were not very serious, and that both the victims appear to have “a good chance of surviving.” They were immediately taken to the UT Medical Center for medical attention. The Knox County Schools Superintendent Dr. Jim McIntyre also revealed another starling detail about the case when he said that the alleged shooter was authorized to be in the school. He refused to confirm whether the suspect was a teacher at that school or not.
He also said that in the shooting incident, none of the students were involved, and all of them are safe and sound. Due to the bad weather all the Knox County elementary students were dismissed from the school at 11:45 a.m. The shooting happened in the vicinity of the school office.
- Woman teacher on trial for having sex with pupil - Apr 13, 2010
- Student shot in Maryland school - Aug 27, 2012
- Facebook Threat Lands School Girls Behind Bars! - Jan 09, 2011
- WWE Raw: Drew& Dolph vs Big Show Handicapped Match - Jul 12, 2011
- Two Miami police officers killed while serving warrant - Jan 21, 2011
- Now, packing material made from mushrooms - Jul 28, 2010
- WWE Raw: Randy Orton vs Drew McIntyre - Oct 04, 2011
- Reports: Teacher shot dead at Tacoma, WA school - Feb 26, 2010
- Cheryl Cole turns down offer of Britain's Got Talent - Sep 21, 2011
- Ohio high school shooting claims third victim - Feb 29, 2012
- Older siblings of autistics tend to develop hyperactivity - Mar 09, 2010
- Brit teacher cleared of seducing 16-year-old pupil - Apr 16, 2010
- Gunman kills seven at California religious college - Apr 03, 2012
- Man shoots woman, kills self at Wal-Mart centre - Feb 23, 2012
- 90 school kids hospitalised with food poisoning in China - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: adult females, alleged shooter, bad weather, dr jim, elementary students, elisa, good chance, inskip elementary school, jim mcintyre, knox county schools, knoxville police, luna, medical attention, medical center, north knoxville, police chief, saving grace, school shooting, schools superintendent, vicinity