Princess Anne to Be 4th in Line For Throne?March 30th, 2009 - 7:17 pm ICT by GD
Prime Minister Gordon Brown has begun talks with the Buckingham Palace about changing the 308 year old rules of succession to the throne, doing away with the bar on marrying Roman Catholics and discretionary primogeniture. If this were to happen then Queen Elizabeth’s daughter, Anne, who is officially known as the Princess Royal, would come before her brothers Princes Andrew and Edward, and their children, in line to succession. She is currently the tenth in line to the throne but this could make her leapfrog to number four after the Prince of Wales, Charles and his two sons, Princes William and Harry.
The Princess Royal, whose full name is Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise was third in line to the throne at the time of her birth in 1950. However with additions to the Royal Family she was pushed to number ten in the line of succession. She currently carries out approximately 700 royal engagements and public appearances a year.
Princess Anne is known for her charitable work and is the patron of over 200 organizations. She is also known for her horseback riding skills and is the only member of the Royal Family to have competed in the Olympic Games. She is currently married to Timothy Laurence and has two children from her last marriage with Mark Phillips. Her children were the first grandchildren of a ruling sovereign to have no titles. Anne was also the first Royal divorcee to remarry after Victoria, Grand Duchess of Hesse and by Rhine, did so in 1905. Neither of the Princess’ two husbands recieved any peerage.
- Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter makes Olympic debut - Jul 29, 2012
- Prince William, Kate Middleton's daughter could become Queen - Apr 16, 2011
- Prince William's first child could become his heir after change in law - Nov 19, 2010
- Wills, Kate's daughter could be Queen - Jan 19, 2011
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- Why Prince William's wife will not be called as Princess Kate - May 01, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth great grandmom again - Mar 31, 2012
- Elizabeth II becomes second-longest reigning British monarch - May 12, 2011
- Prince Charles' tribute to his 'mama' on her diamond jubilee celebrations - Jun 01, 2012
- Drogba to run in Olympic torch relay - May 23, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth hosts diamond jubilee lunch - May 20, 2012
- Prince William receives Scotland's highest honour - Jul 05, 2012
- Queen's granddaughter to marry soon - Dec 21, 2010
- Dame Helen Mirren says Kate Middleton is very special person - Feb 09, 2011
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,