Prince Harry to earn danger money in AfghanistanSeptember 10th, 2012 - 9:12 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Kabul, Sept 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Prince Harry who is the third in command in the British army arrived in Bastion camp in Afghanistan where he is expected to complete his tour. He is said that he will be awarded an allowance of this operation which is also given to soldiers who are in service in a war zone. This is also part of the payment that he will receive in his tour which ends this January.
The additional payment that he will receive includes the captain’s salary, which amounts to £38,931. As Prince Harry will be in Afghanistan, he will be serving as a co-pilot of the Apache helicopter as he recently became certified as pilot.
It is known that Harry will be completing a course that goes for two days about bomb expertise, creating awareness about bombs as well as shooting. This course goes for two days and afterwards he is expected to continue with flying the apache preparations.
This is to make him become conversant with the helicopter operations for the service in Afghanistan. An Apache pilot added that each time they go for service in Afghanistan there are no holidays or other form of celebrations. This was said during Harry’s tour to the Afghanistan.
- Prince Harry qualifies as attack chopper pilot - Feb 09, 2012
- Prince Harry qualifies as Apache pilot, can return to Afghanistan frontline - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harry to return to Afghan combat duty - Jun 16, 2011
- Prince Harry promoted to captain - Apr 17, 2011
- Prince Harry to train in US as chopper pilot - Aug 30, 2011
- Harry gets trained for hostage situation - Jan 31, 2012
- Prince Harry qualifies as an elite Apache helicopter pilot - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harry promoted to Army Captain - Apr 17, 2011
- Harry to visit China to improve tense relations - Sep 10, 2012
- Prince Harry chooses to fly Apache attack helicopters - May 07, 2010