Pregnant Widow Flogged and Executed Publicly By Taliban for Alleged AdulteryAugust 10th, 2010 - 8:26 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A pregnant widow was publicly flogged by the Taliban with 200 lashings and then executed by being shot three times in the head and chest for her “illicit affair”, before her body was dumped into an area which is controlled by the government, according to police reports.
Bibi Sanubar was imprisoned for three days before she was shot dead in what is being called a “public trial” on Sunday by a local commander of the Taliban,Mohammed Yousuf, in the Qadis district of the Bagdhis province in the rural west. Sanubar was accused by the Taliban of becoming pregnant during an affair. She was whipped 200 times and killed while the baby was still in her womb.
The execution is being called a “grim reminder” of the Taliban’s regime and the harsh six year rule which they led in Afghanistan from 1996 until 2001. These radical Islamists are known for their public lashings, stonings, and executions of those accused of adultery. They are also known to cut off the hands and feet of those accused of theft. Often, little or no evidence is required for the punishment to be handed out.
The man who allegedly took part in the affair with Sanubar was not punished, although it was reportedly he who got her pregnant. The order to carry out the execution was passed down by a panel of three judges. Mulah Daoud, a spokesman for the Taliban was reported to have said, “We gave this decision so that in future no-one should have these illegal affairs. We whipped her in front of all the local people, to show them an example. Then we shot her.”
Elders in the village of Quds were said to have reported her pregnancy to the Taliban. A local Taliban official was quoted by ‘The Daily Mail’ as saying ‘She had an illegal relationship with a man who was not her husband,’ adding, ‘Her husband died many years before. Then she became pregnant so, according to Islam, we gave her a very strong punishment. It was more than 200 lashes. Then we shot her.’
- Taliban Executes Pregnant Widow For Allegedly Perpetrating Adultery - Aug 10, 2010
- Taliban executes pregnant woman on charges of adultery (Lead) - Aug 09, 2010
- Taleban judges order pregnant woman to be flogged, shot dead - Aug 10, 2010
- Taliban Executes Pregnant Widow Accused Of Adultery - Aug 10, 2010
- Taliban executes pregnant woman accused of committing adultery - Aug 10, 2010
- Taliban stone to death Afghan couple over adultery - Aug 16, 2010
- Pak woman claims Taliban 'publicly lashed' her over adultery allegations - Dec 01, 2010
- Four arrested after 14-year-old girl 'lashed to death' in Bangladesh - Feb 03, 2011
- Taliban publicly execute woman in Afghanistan - Aug 09, 2010
- Outraged Bangladeshi family demands justice for 'whipped to death' raped daughter - Feb 05, 2011
- Taliban In Afghanistan Execute Pregnant Widow Accused Of Adultery - Aug 14, 2010
- Indonesian woman caned in front of mob for affair - Apr 10, 2011
- Bleeding killed 'whipped to death' Bangladesh girl, finds fresh post-mortem report - Feb 10, 2011
- Militant who flogged Pakistani woman arrested - Mar 20, 2012
- Pakistani woman publicly lashed by Taliban wants justice - Nov 30, 2010
Tags: adultery, daily mail, elders, execution, executions, grim reminder, hands and feet, illegal affairs, illicit affair, islam, lashings, mohammed yousuf, police reports, radical islamists, spokesman, stonings, taliban, taliban official, three times, womb