Poll reveals that Princess Diana is the favorite royal in UKAugust 31st, 2011 - 9:55 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Almost 14 years after passing away following a fatal auto crash, Princess Diana still holds a special place in the hearts of Brits. A new poll suggests that the late Princess of Wales remains the favorite royal in the United Kingdom.
The poll was conducted by Internet telephony company Skype. The participants also reported that Diana would have been one of the Brits they were more likely to speak to if she was still alive today. She came fifth on the list of celebrities who the participants said they would most likely speak to. Diana tied at that position with Britain’s football great David Beckham.
On the list of favorite royalists, Diana was distant first. She was followed by King Henry VIII at the second position with Queen Victoria and Prince Harry taking the third and fourth positions. Prince William’s wife Kate Middleton was fifth on the list which saw Price Charles’ wife Camilla taking the last position.
The researchers also reported that comedian Stephen Fry is the celebrity that most Brits would want to speak to. He was followed by actor Johnny Depp, former Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill and the band Beatles.
- 'Kate Middleton as popular as Diana' among Brits - Apr 23, 2011
- Kate Middleton as popular as Princess Diana in UK: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Prince Charles: Camilla could be queen - Nov 22, 2010
- Prince Charles now favoured as next king of England - Jun 11, 2012
- Kate Middleton to overtake Diana to become world's most talked-about woman - Apr 19, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton's wedding reception to have just 300 guests - Jan 10, 2011
- Churchill named Britain's greatest gentleman of last century - Dec 10, 2011
- Prince Charles states publicly that his wife Camilla could be Queen - Nov 20, 2010
- Kate Middleton pips Diana to become '3rd most beautiful royal' - Apr 19, 2011
- Like Diana, Kate Middleton too will drop 'obey' from wedding vows - Apr 22, 2011
- Duchess of York not invited to William's wedding - Feb 19, 2011
- Olivia Grant wants to play Princess Diana - Mar 10, 2011
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- David Cameron backs 'Queen Camilla' - Nov 22, 2010
- Kate Middleton's first lesson is learning when to curtsey to whom - May 02, 2011
Tags: actor johnny depp, auto crash, david beckham, former prime minister, internet telephony company, kate middleton, king henry viii, late princess of wales, new poll, prince harry, prince william, princess diana, princess of wales, queen victoria, royalists, sir winston churchill, stephen fry, uk london, wife kate, winston churchill