Police search for California man who kidnapped wife and childMay 4th, 2010 - 1:54 am ICT by BNO News
LOS ANGELES (BNO NEWS) — A California man is wanted on attempted murder and kidnapping charges after briefly kidnapping his wife and his 15-month-old son on Monday, police said. The suspect is considered to be armed and dangerous.
Billy E. Fraize, Jr., a 15-month old white male, was abducted from 7th Avenue and Highway 145 in Madera County at 9.15 a.m. local time. He also briefly kidnapped his wife, and tried to kill her.
The suspect was identified as 43-year-old Billy Eugene Fraize, a 5 feet 8 inches tall white male with blond hair and green eyes, weighing 155 pounds. He also has numerous tattoos - including swastika on his stomach and Momma tried across his back - and was last seen wearing a white “Hard Rock” t-shirt, black tennis shoes, and blue jeans. Fraize is also known as “Sammy Dean Michaels” to some.
“He is wanted for attempted murder and child abduction,” said Erica Stuart, a spokeswoman for the Madera County Sheriff’s Department. “This morning, he took a knife to his wife and kidnapped their 15 month old baby.”
Stuart said Fraize was arrested on April 27 and booked into the Madera County Department of Corrections for Grand theft and Receiving stolen property. He was given a 48-hour furlough, and was due back on Monday, but he instead went to his wife’s house and kidnapped his wife and their child. He dumped the mother near the Madera Fresno county line and continued on with the child.
The child was later recovered unharmed, Stuart said. An Amber Alert which was issued shortly after 11 a.m. was canceled within minutes.
Fraize is still being sought, and is facing one attempted murder charge, two counts of kidnapping, and escape from custody. “He should be considered armed and dangerous,” Stuart said.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or the Madera County Sheriff’s Department at (559) 675-7775.
- US police probing murder-suicide by ex-Indian army major - Jun 11, 2012
- Indian-American wanted for 1996 murder kills family, self - Jun 10, 2012
- Amber Alert issued for 8-year-old Eliza Cardenaz abducted in Fresno, CA - Oct 05, 2010
- American turns vigilante, kills two paedophiles - Jun 05, 2012
- Tattoo solves seven-year-old murder case - Apr 23, 2011
- Tennessee Amber Alert issued after father kidnaps two young children - May 29, 2010
- Edgard Anziani accused of murdering 15-month-old baby arrested in Maryland - Mar 02, 2010
- Male Convicted Of Setting Fire To A Californian Female Over Drugs - Sep 09, 2010
- 'America's Most Wanted' Fugitive Paul Clouston Found in Merced! - Jun 03, 2010
- 130 yrs on, legendary outlaw 'Billy the Kid' denied posthumous pardon - Jan 01, 2011
- Man held for abducting, murdering minor - Jul 05, 2011
- Couple held for killing scientist's son (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- Robbery Attempt Foiled by Clerk With Samurai Sword - Jan 21, 2011
- 'Abduction' of Florida boy was a 'misunderstanding', Amber Alert canceled - Mar 15, 2010
- Kidnapped Chile star to stay in Brazil for a month - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: 7th avenue, amber alert, armed and dangerous, attempted murder charge, blond hair, blue jeans, bno, california man, child abduction, dean michaels, department of corrections, fraize, fresno county, furlough, kidnapping charges, madera county sheriff, month old baby, police search, receiving stolen property, tennis shoes