Police arrest the bouquet bandit - Edward PembertonJuly 22nd, 2010 - 8:38 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, July 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The United States police have arrested a 44-year-old man, Edward Pemberton.
Pemberton who is dubbed the ‘bouquet bandit’ is accused of being involved in at least 6 bank robberies since 2008. The recent robbery took place last week when Pemberton was pictured with a bunch of roses in pink tissue.
Pemberton has been arrested before in the United States on drug charges and other petty offenses.
During his last robbery prior to his arrest, Pemberton entered the bank carrying a neatly arranged bouquet of flowers wrapped in a pink tissue paper and plastic. He walked straight to one teller and handed the bouquet to one of the tellers. Inside the bouquet was a note that read ‘Give me all your $100s, $50. Don’t be a hero’. The teller then gave Pemberton an unspecified amount of money. Once he got hold of the money, he fled on foot leaving the bouquet of flowers behind.
From the picture and the mode of Pemberton’s latest robbery, police linked him to a similar styled robbery in another Manhattan bank on July 10.
Police arrested Pemberton on Wednesday after they published his picture on the front page of the city’s newspaper. Police say the public information led to the arrest of Pemberton who was found hiding in a closet.
- New York Police Arrests 'Bouquet Bandit' Edward Pemberton - Jul 22, 2010
- Robber decked in 'Darth Vader' outfit robs a bank - Jul 26, 2010
- Skateboarder bandit flees after a San Diego bank heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Robber robs NY bank with bunch of flowers! - Jul 21, 2010
- Texas bank robber shows 2 IDs while robbing - Mar 16, 2011
- Robber rode skateboard to banks in Mexico - Feb 01, 2012
- Skateboarder Flees Following San Diego's Comercia Bank Heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Granddad Bandit's Photos Made Available - Feb 23, 2010
- Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank Robbery - Jan 08, 2011
- Man robs bank & then offers $1K for a ride - Nov 03, 2010
- Skateboard Bandit Flees With Money From San Diego Bank - Jul 19, 2010
- 'Dumb bank robber' busted after boasting of raid on Facebook - Sep 27, 2010
- Skateboarder Flees After Committing Bank Heist in San Diego - Jul 19, 2010
- Two Britons arrested for Hollywood-style heists - Jun 30, 2012
- Serial bank robber William Easley turns himself in to the police - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: amount of money, bandit, bank robberies, bouquet of flowers, bunch of roses, drug charges, front page, hero, manhattan bank, old man, pemberton, petty offenses, pink tissue, police arrest, public information, robbery, tellers, tissue paper, united states, unspecified amount