Plot to assassinate Obama foiledAugust 26th, 2008 - 4:53 pm ICT by David M N James
Questions are rising whether it was a planned act to raise suspicions or it was a real plot to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barrack Obama. Obama who is currently falling out of favor with voters might have been targeted for assassination by gunmen. FBI officials are now investigating whether they foiled an assassination plot or exactly what they got into. They arrested four men near the Democratic convention in Denver. The four men were sporting high powered rifles which were to be used to assassinate the presidential candidate. One of the suspects admitted that they were in Denver to assassinate Barrack Obama.
According to FBI reports, one of the suspects confessed that they were going to shoot Obama from a high vantage point using a rifle at 750 yards. There are questionable leads to the investigations since the suspects did not even hesitate to say they were out to kill Obama. They responded to the affirmative directly. The arrests came on Sunday when police stopped and arrested Tharin Gartrell, 28, as he was driving a rented pickup truck suspiciously. Police recovered two high powered rifles with telescopic sites, as well as camouflage clothing, walkie-talkies, a bulletproof vest, a high powered spotting scope, licenses in the names of various people, and the drug methamphetamine. One of the rifles is listed as stolen from Kansas.
Barrack Obama is currently ranking second favorite after basking in glory much of the year. He was branded a celebrity by Republic John McCain who now leads in the opinion polls. Obama is set to make a big deal out of the Denver conference. His wife is being assessed whether she is an asset or a liability in his campaigns after her recent speeches about her life and her husband. Obama is a favorite among many black voters as well as the American Diaspora but his economic, war and foreign policy remarks and his abilities in these subjects are weakening his popularity.
- US Police uncovers plot to kill Obama, four arrested - Aug 26, 2008
- Obama assassination ''plotters'' will not face charges - Aug 28, 2008
- Suspected assassins were consumed by seething hatred towards Black Obama - Aug 27, 2008
- Man with gun looking for Obama arrested in Washington - Feb 11, 2009
- Maoist leader arrested in Uttar Pradesh - May 25, 2012
- No "true threat" to Obama: US police - Aug 27, 2008
- Batman movie premiere turns deadly in Denver, 12 dead (Fifth Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 20, 2012
- Putin unaffected by assassination plot - Feb 28, 2012
- 14 killed, 50 wounded at Batman showing in US (Fourth Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Ukraine to extradite Putin murder plotter - Aug 15, 2012
- Man charged with threatening to kill Obama - Feb 29, 2012
- Five held in US for plotting to blow up bridge - May 01, 2012
- Man arrested in Colorado mall bomb attempt - Apr 27, 2011
- Latino voters sticking with Obama, Democrats: Poll - Dec 29, 2011
- Obama, Romney locked in close race: polls - Aug 25, 2012