Plane crash in Grand Canyon leaves 2 deadAugust 1st, 2011 - 7:43 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Phoenix, Aug 1 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A plane crash in the Grand Canyon has resulted in the death of 2 people. The news was confirmed by the Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor. He also stated that the plane in question was a single engine Cirrus SR20 and the location where it crashed was the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. The mishap happened on Friday night.
The single engine Cirrus SR20 plane had started its journey from the Rock Hill Airport-Bryant Field in South Carolina and its destination was Henderson. When the plane failed to land on the destination air strip, then the pilot’s family became worried and they informed the police and reported that the plane was missing. The police and the air traffic controllers tried their best to contact the pilot but they failed to elicit any response at all.
Later the radar reports were scanned about the plane’s whereabouts and they revealed that the plane had actually gone missing over the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on Friday night. Ultimately the wreckage of the plane was also located on Saturday by the Coconino County Sheriff’s air units. The names of the victims have not been released.
- Tiny commuter plane crashes in West Virginia - Jul 31, 2009
- Pilot dies after mid air collision in UK - Jul 05, 2011
- Helicopter crash in south-central Indonesia kills 2 - Sep 26, 2011
- Two killed in small plane crash in US - Feb 22, 2012
- Man survives 200 feet Grand Canyon plunge - Apr 28, 2011
- One dead in CHP plane crash near San Diego County-Imperial County border, CA - May 08, 2010
- Five die in US chopper crash - Dec 08, 2011
- Child among three killed in Russian plane crash - Jul 22, 2012
- Bodies found, no black box among 2009 Air France crash wreckage - Apr 05, 2011
- Hoover dam helicopter crash kills 5 - Dec 08, 2011
- Air force pilot dies in Brazil plane crash - May 13, 2011
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- Crashed MiG's one engine found, no trace of pilot - Oct 27, 2011
- Small plane crashes at Long Beach Airport in California - Mar 17, 2011
- Philippines interior secretary untraceable - Aug 19, 2012
Tags: air strip, air traffic controllers, bryant field, coconino county sheriff, federal aviation administration, friday night, grand canyon, journey, mishap, north rim of the grand canyon, phoenix, pilot, plane crash in grand canyon, radar reports, south carolina, spokesman, sr20, wreckage