Pilot Manages To Land Safely After Plane Hits A DeerOctober 20th, 2010 - 8:44 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a bizarre development a single engine plane made a safe landing after the pilot ended up clashing with a deer on the runway during take off. The incident took place at the Space Coast Regional Airport on Monday night. The piper PA-28 aircraft landed at the airport after using almost one third of its fuel. The landing was tricky as one wing of the plane had got damaged after hitting the deer. There could be the possibility of the plane crashing at the airport but that did not happen. There was no spark or instances of fuel leakage. The plane was a pretty old one (dates back to 21 years) but the pilot managed to land it without much problem.
The plane kept on flying over the airport fire nearly one hour and this gave the pilot to think how he could evade a disaster. In the meantime a fire truck from Kennedy Space Center made for managing airport emergencies reached the spot. The Brevard County Fire fighting crews also reached there. As the sky was dark the damage could not be assessed easily at first.
The incident is now being investigated by the National Transportation Safety Board. The damage caused to the plane was not much as initial investigations suggest. As for the deer that came in the way of the plane, it died on the spot after some time. It is not known how the animal could manage to come in front of the plane as the airport is surrounded by a fence which is 9 foot tall. The passengers and the pilot are safe though.
- Pilot Lands Safely In Florida After Plane Hits Deer - Oct 20, 2010
- Brave pilot manages to land plane after the plane hit a deer - Oct 20, 2010
- Florida Pilot Lands Safely After Plane Hits Deer - Oct 20, 2010
- 10 injured as plane makes emergency landing in Lahore - Aug 31, 2012
- Alert pilots save 48 passengers aboard Air India plane (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- US woman, 80, with no training, lands plane - Apr 03, 2012
- Alert women pilots save over 48 lives aboard Air India plane (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- 12 killed in Philippines plane crash - Dec 10, 2011
- Air Force One lands safely after an aborted landing effort - May 19, 2011
- Rolls-Royce engine worries continue for Qantas' A380 fleet - Dec 09, 2010
- Fireman as ATC! Tirupati airport officials to face action - Feb 03, 2012
- When a Kashmiri teen hijacked plane with a toy pistol - Mar 20, 2012
- Small passenger plane crashes in eastern Canada, killing 4 - Jan 12, 2012
- Only pilots' expertise saved Qantas A380 from disaster following mid-air explosion - Dec 03, 2010
- Plane makes emergency landing in Chandigarh (Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
Tags: airport fire, brevard county, county fire, deer, emergencies, engine plane, fence, fire truck, fuel leakage, initial investigations, instances, kennedy space center, monday night, national transportation safety, national transportation safety board, piper pa 28, ranjan, regional airport, space coast, transportation safety board