Photographs Of Queen Elizabeth And The British Royal Family To Be Uploaded On FlickrJuly 26th, 2010 - 7:38 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
July 26, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): The queen and her royal residence Buckingham Palace is all set to upload their photographs on Flickr. Reports emanating from the palace say that the Buckingham Palace has now opened an account with the on line photo management site Flickr.
The website of the British monarchy will be able to stream both the recent, up to the minute images of various royal activities as well as the old photographs from its archives.
The launch of the website will reportedly coincide with the summer opening of the palace. The website will also highlight special photographs of the ‘Queen’s Year’, a palace exhibition that will be commencing on July the 27th.
Several historical photographs currently being displayed in the Queen’s gallery of the Buckingham palace as well as the Windsor Castle will also be made available on Flickr. Various other photographs of historical interest have been loaned out to a number of museums and galleries across the United Kingdom. These pictures can also be viewed on the Flickr. The collection on the website will also include some exclusive photographs of Queen Victoria and the royal consort Prince Albert.
The Buckingham Palace is no stranger to the social media networking sites either. It had launched a You Tube channel back in 2007 along with a royal website. A Twitter account was also opened by the British Monarchy last year. The account now boasts of 50,000 followers. The British royal family may have tried keeping up with the times but are still trying to keep their distance. The photographs will not be open to any public comments although it will give its viewers a chance to share and embed them on other websites.
- Now, Queen Elizabeth joins Facebook! - Nov 07, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth To Provide Glimpse of Royal Family Through Flickr - Jul 26, 2010
- British royal family now on Flickr - Jul 25, 2010
- Royal wedding will be streamed live on YouTube - Apr 20, 2011
- Log on to www.officialroyalwedding2011.org to get royal wedding details - Mar 03, 2011
- The Queen joins Flickr - Jul 26, 2010
- Queen's photos found in attic show off-duty life of the Royals - Feb 22, 2011
- Queen's Facebook page gets 200K fans in just 2 days! - Nov 11, 2010
- WillKat wedding helped palace earn 42 mn pounds - Jul 27, 2011
- Britain's royal family on Facebook - Nov 07, 2010
- Queen's Facebook page filled with abusive comments - Nov 12, 2010
- Will-Kate wedding: European royals receive warning fax - Jan 26, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth gets bleeding nose - Apr 15, 2011
- Wanted someone to take care of Queen's time - Sep 06, 2012
- Situation vacant for chauffeur worth the Royals - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: british monarchy, british royal family, buckingham palace, flickr, followers, historical photographs, launch, line photo, men at work, minute images, old photographs, pen men, photo management, prince albert, public comments, queen elizabeth, queen victoria, royal consort, tube channel, windsor castle