Philippines governor Rafael Nantes dies in helicopter crashMay 17th, 2010 - 5:43 pm ICT by BNO News
LUCENA, PHILIPPINES (BNO NEWS) — Philippines Quezon Province governor Rafael Nantes was killed, as well as five others, when a helicopter crashed in the provincial capital of Lucena on Monday, according to media reports.
The crash happened around 3.15 p.m. local time in the Hael Subdivision of Lucena City, about 300 meters from the place it took off.
Colonel Generoso Bolina, spokesperson of the military’s Southern Luzon Command (Solcom), told GMA Television that Quezon Province governor Rafael Nantes was among the four people on board who were killed. Two others in two houses were also killed.
Lt. Gen. Roland Detabali, Solcom commander, said the aircraft was on its way to Manila when it exploded.
Nantes ran for re-election in the elections of last Monday, but it is still unclear if he won.
- Six killed in helicopter crash in Philippines - May 17, 2010
- 11 die in Philippines storm - Aug 08, 2012
- Four dead as Typhoon Conson batters Philippines - Jul 14, 2010
- At least 11 missing as tropical storm 'Falcon' hits Philippines - Jun 24, 2011
- 16 dead as typhoon batters Philippines (Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- 30 human skeletons found in Philippines - Jul 22, 2012
- Australian abducted in Philippines - Dec 06, 2011
- 11 US tourists missing in Philippines boat capsize - Jan 26, 2012
- Typhoon Megi makes landfall in Philippines with winds of 140 mph - Oct 18, 2010
- Three dead in rebel attack in southern Philippines - Jul 31, 2011
- 2,000 fall sick in Philippines relief centres - Aug 10, 2012
- Philippine politician shot dead - Nov 07, 2011
- Rebels kill eight in Philippines - Apr 04, 2011
- Three Indians killed in Philippines road accident - Feb 05, 2010
- Typhoon Megi gains strength, approaches south China - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: bno, colonel, elections, helicopter crash, last monday, local time, lt, philippines, province governor, provincial capital, quezon province, rafael nantes, roland, solcom, southern luzon, spokesperson, television