Peyton Manning makes donation to scholarship fundFebruary 20th, 2012 - 11:02 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Feb 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) University of Tennessee alum Peyton Manning has increased his donation to the school’s scholarship fund which was instituted in 1998. Manning and wife Ashley made the donation to the school but failed to name the amount. The donation will increase the number of beneficiaries from one student to two.
The beneficiaries will receive free tuition including accommodation. Selection is based on students academic performance and achievement among other things.
Manning issued a statement on the donation which he described as “significant gift.” The statement explained further that, The University of Tennessee holds a special place in my heart, and Ashley and I are excited about the opportunity to award more deserving UT students with the Manning Scholarship.”
Manning is a former Super Bowl winner. He led the Colts to triumph during the Super Bowl XLI. The scholarship scheme was instituted to honor his contribution to the University of Tennessee in 1998. The Peyton Manning Scholarship Endowment has received several gifts from patrons including Manning himself.
He has also created the Peyton Manning Communications endowment which funds the School of Communication Studies. Some of his notable donations include $100,000 to the Thornton Athletics Student Life Center.
- US couple donates 110 mn dollars to university - Apr 28, 2011
- Pakistani scholarships for 600 Afghan students - Jul 01, 2012
- More Indians opting for public varsities in US - Feb 01, 2012
- Britain announces 60 new scholarships for Indians - Mar 28, 2012
- Indianapolis Colts Vs Tennessee Titans : Match Updates - Dec 10, 2010
- Various rumors regarding Peyton Manning abound - Jan 30, 2012
- Leslie Frazier named Vikings' new head coach - Jan 04, 2011
- Indianapolis head to the Super Bowl after AFC Championship win - Jan 25, 2010
- Peyton Manning's Stats Indicate That He Is Heading For Second Super Bowl Victory - Feb 07, 2010
- Peyton Manning Leads Colts To Victory - Jan 17, 2010
- New Orleans Saints win their first Super Bowl in their first appearance - Feb 08, 2010
- China gives $750 mn to schools for tuition exemptions - Nov 05, 2011
- 'Pick your Poison': Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning - Aug 26, 2010
- Alec Baldwin to donate $1 mn to alma mater - Dec 17, 2009
- 56 Sharjah varsity students to get sponsorship - Nov 14, 2011
Tags: academic performance, accommodation, alum, beneficiaries, colts, communication studies, donations, free tuition, patrons, peyton manning, place in my heart, scholarship endowment, scholarship fund, scholarship scheme, student life center, super bowl, university of tennessee, wife ashley