Petland And Its Cruel Practices Exposed On Animal Planet ShowMay 18th, 2010 - 6:56 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
May 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Last night proved to be a eye opener for the dog lovers who tune din to the channel Animal Planet at 10 pm. The network aired the second episode of the series last night which unveiled the wraps of the cruel practices used in various puppy mills and also in Petland, which is the largest canine retailer in the nation. The network is hoping that this show will raise the awareness of the animal lovers and the cruelty shown to the lovely puppies will come to an end. Petland also received backlash from the puppy lovers all over the USA for its alleged practices earlier. It is quite clear that the puppies sold by the retailer are not necessarily acquired from the USDA as per the norms. The dogs and puppies are kept in mostly small cages where they have to jostle for space.
The footages shown in Animal Planet depict Petland in a poor light. The canines kept in some branches of the shop are not in the best of health as it has been shown. They are often given poor quality food and unclean water which results in some of them developing contagious ailments and stinking. However, it would be wrong to assume that Animal Planet is the first to raise voice against the practices of Petland. The retailer has also been slammed by Humane Society of the United States.
It has also been revealed that a number of branches of Petland acquire the canines from the puppy mills. The show has shocked the viewers and those who missed it yesterday can catch it today again.
- Rooting for the underdog! (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- Fury over racy images of women posing with dogs for charity calendar - Dec 31, 2010
- Puppy Bowl Turns Into A Major Success - Feb 07, 2011
- Iran may ban dogs from public places - Apr 14, 2011
- Watson clears the air over pink dog - Jun 27, 2012
- Ian Botham's son worried about his kidnapped dog - Nov 25, 2011
- German animal trainer under fire over dog's 'Heil Hitler!' salute - Feb 01, 2011
- Dog gave birth to a kitten? Not a cock and bull story - Jul 21, 2012
- Security goes to the dogs this I-Day - Aug 12, 2011
- Around 100 stray dogs caught from Games Village, other venues - Sep 24, 2010
- Man jailed for beating dog to death - Aug 17, 2012
- Government frames rules on dog breeding, sale - Jun 09, 2010
- West Hollywood To Promote As The Capital Of Fur-Free Fashion - Jan 26, 2011
- Animal Planet To Feature Puppy Bowl 2011 This Sunday - Feb 06, 2011
- First urban flea market for pooches - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: ailments, animal lovers, animal planet, backlash, canines, cruel practices, dog lovers, dogs and puppies, eye opener, Health Science, humane society, norms, petland, poor quality, puppy lovers, puppy mills, quality food, unclean water, usda, wraps