Pet Store Products Might Be Harmful For PetsJune 18th, 2010 - 8:35 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
June 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The pet owners and lovers often buy products from the pet stores to keep their beloved canine and feline pest in care and comfort. However, they have little idea that these apparently harmless looking pets accessories can actually hurt and harm their pets. The pet food sold in some pet shops need to be scrutinized. More importantly a study has found out that the flea collars sold in some of the shops are not safe at all. They can contain chemicals that can harm one’s canine friends. If a dog owner keeps his dog wearing such product for long then chances are there that the animal can contract fatal ailments like cancer. They can also develop other skin related problems.
The discovery is worrisome for the owners of dogs. The collars can also cause discomfort to the pet owners. A movement has been started all over the world to make Pets stores like PetSmart and PETCO get rid of such pets accessories. The Natural Resource Defense Council advises the owners of the pets to see if the flea collar they buy from the nearest pet shop has elements like tetrachlorvinphos and propoxur. The NRDC website can be consulted for details on this subject. It contains information which can make the pet owners aware about harmful compositions often used in pets products.
There are laws regarding what pets products should contain but not all manufacturers adhere to that. Besides, not all pet owners care aware of these issues which explain why a number of pets fall ill after their owners buy some accessories like the flea collar.
- First urban flea market for pooches - Jan 13, 2012
- Book lists products, services for pets - Apr 14, 2011
- Pub sells special beer for dogs - Jan 10, 2012
- Drew Barrymore adopts puppy - Feb 03, 2012
- Kristen Stewart's 'Twilight' name Bella was 2010's most popular dog name - Jan 07, 2011
- Dog gave birth to a kitten? Not a cock and bull story - Jul 21, 2012
- Dogs overtaking cats as UK's favourite pet - Apr 03, 2011
- Safety Tips For Pets On Halloween - Oct 29, 2010
- Chocolates can be harmful for pets, says veterinarian - Oct 05, 2010
- Sleeping with your pet could make you sick - Jan 25, 2011
- Rooting for the underdog! (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- Toy story in a dog's world - Aug 25, 2011
- Watson clears the air over pink dog - Jun 27, 2012
- FDA relases hurricane season preparedness tips for food, medicine, and pets - Jun 30, 2010
- Brand hungry? Beware of counterfeits (Feature) - May 04, 2012
Tags: ailments, canine friends, chemicals, compositions, discovery, dog owner, flea collar, flea collars, natural resource defense council, nrdc website, pet food, pet owners, pet shop, pet shops, pet store, pet stores, petco, pets products, petsmart, tetrachlorvinphos