People boycott Wal-mart after their announcement that all black people leave the storeMarch 18th, 2010 - 10:25 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington Township, Mar 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) People are boycotting Wal-mart store, after an inappropriate announcement was made there. In the New Jersey store an announcement was made over the public-address system that said, “Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now.” The announcement was made by a male, and witnesses said that he made the announcement in a very calm and composed voice. The customers, who were present in the store at that time, were horrified and they couldn’t believe their ears.
The management of Wal-mart later apologized to all the customers, and said that the incident was simply unacceptable. The company spokesperson Ashley Hardie said that the inappropriate announcement was simply ‘unacceptable’. The company officials are also planning to take adequate steps, so that this kind of unwarranted and inappropriate episode is not repeated in the future.
The Washington Township’s police and the Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office also are investigating into the incident, in an effort to find the culprit. Meanwhile the company officials are reviewing the security tapes in an effort to find out who could be behind this incident. “In 2010, I want to know why such statements are being made because it flies in the face of what we teach them [our kids] at home, and that’s tolerance for people,” said Ellington.
- Arrest made in the Wal-mart's 'All Black People Leave' case - Mar 20, 2010
- Wal-Mart expresses regret over 'black people must leave' announcement - Mar 18, 2010
- WalMart Left Stunned At Request For Black People To Leave - Mar 18, 2010
- Black Friday 2010 Ads By Wal-Mart Leaked Online - Nov 15, 2010
- Mexico probes Wal-Mart bribery allegations - Apr 27, 2012
- Wal-Mart Q3 profit below estimates - Nov 16, 2011
- U.S. Supreme Court rules out discrimination class-action suit against Wal-Mart - Jun 21, 2011
- Wal-Mart showcases a new postpaid cell phone plan - Sep 14, 2010
- Michelle Obama, Wal-Mart team up for healthy food campaign - Jan 21, 2011
- Wal-Mart Hit By Shoplifting Amidst Cyber Monday Sales Season - Nov 28, 2010
- Wal-Mart's Extra Pay Policy For Sunday Coming To An End - Dec 09, 2010
- Wal-Mart Remains Open On Easter Sunday, Kids Participate In Easter Wal-Mart Egg Hunt - Apr 04, 2010
- Wal-Mart to cut 300 positions at Arkansas HQ - Feb 04, 2010
- Wal-Mart to target 35,000 Indian farmers for agri-business supply chain by 2015 - Oct 26, 2010
- Wal-Mart Dumping Case Reaches A Monetary Settlement - May 08, 2010