Paul the Octopus’ successor makes his hugely anticipated debutNovember 7th, 2010 - 8:21 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Berlin, Nov 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The whole world was help captivated by the predicting prowess of Paul the Octopus during the recently ended FIFA World Cup tournament in South Africa. The squid was the favorite animal for gamblers all over the world as they blindly followed every choice of the octopus.
Well they were never disappointed either. The animal successfully predicted all the high profile matches that were assigned it correctly except recently his death. The animal died of natural causes last week and like his predictions, his death was met with a lot of interest from media houses and the general public.
After the fame the animal brought to the aquarium in Oberhausen in Germany, the Sea Life Centre has introduced another octopus into the tank that once housed the famous octopus. The new octopus is christened Paul just like its predecessor but unlike its predecessor, the current Paul is from France and not England where the previous Paul was born.
The new Paul is just five months old and it has not been tested on the psychic business. According to the aquarium officials, the previous Paul never had the chance to coach the new Paul before dying so they cannot confirm whether the new Paul can live up to the mark that the predecessor did set.
The aquarium announced that it plans to build a memorial for the dead animal to keep the legacy of the animal. The memorial will have large pictures of the “best and most moving moments” in the life of the animal that was loved the same way as it was hated when it lived.
- Paul the Octopus gets a memorial in Germany - Jan 21, 2011
- Soccer Psychic "Paul The Octopus" Gets Memorial - Jan 21, 2011
- Germany to honour Paul the Octopus with shrine - Jan 18, 2011
- 'Octopus oracle' keeps perfect record - Jul 08, 2010
- Spain bids for Paul the octopus - Jul 17, 2010
- World Cup oracle Paul the Octups dies - Oct 26, 2010
- PETA demands release of psychic 'Octopus Paul' - Jul 10, 2010
- Spaniards keen to buy psychic octopus Paul - Jul 10, 2010
- PETA Demands To Free Paul As Fifa World Cup 2010 Final Draws Close - Jul 11, 2010
- Octopus Paul tips Spain for title, Germany for third - Jul 09, 2010
- Spaniards want to rechristen Paul the octopus as Pablo - Jul 09, 2010
- WC psychic Paul the Octopus is dead - or is it all a cover-up? - Oct 27, 2010
- Paul the psychic octopus 'could transfer to Spain' after bidding war - Jul 16, 2010
- Paul the octopus joins England World Cup bid - Aug 21, 2010
- Germans demand killing of octopus Paul after WC semi-final defeat - Jul 08, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,