Parents sue Urban Outfitters for $28 millionAugust 19th, 2011 - 7:24 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Aug 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Clothing line Urban Outfitters has been sued for using a picture of a 15-year-old girl in one of their T-shirt designs without the consent of the parents. The parents of Hailey Clauson have dragged the fashion company to court demanding $28 million in damages.
The picture show’s Hailey with spread lags looking into the camera with no bra on. The picture has been described as sexually expletive and the parents claimed in the suit that the store took advantage of Hailey. The picture was taken about a year ago.
Hailey currently works with several fashion outfits including Gucci, Oscar de la Renta and Donna Karan.
The suit was filed Thursday at a court in Manhattan. It claims that, “She is posed in a blatantly salacious manner with her legs spread, without a bra, revealing portions of her breasts. The image of Teen in a spread eagle position making her crotch area the focal point of the image may portray a child in a sexually suggestive manner and may be in violation of one or more federal and/or state laws.”
The New York Daily News reports that Urban Outfitters have several other inappropriate pictures of Hailey.
Note: Image cropped for decency
- Airline loses $50,000 worth of Giorgio Gucci's luggage - Sep 24, 2010
- Rapper Kreayshawn's Twitter account hacked - Aug 30, 2011
- Blake Lively new face of Gucci - Jun 24, 2012
- American Apparel CEO's lawyer says nude photos show ex-worker wasn't sex prisoner - Mar 26, 2011
- Portman, Kutcher's film 'No Strings Attached' full of sex scenes - Jan 05, 2011
- Associated Press sues retailers over iconic Obama Hope image - Mar 13, 2011
- US woman claims airport pat down was more 'fondling' than 'frisking' - Mar 28, 2011
- Pattinson new face of Gucci? - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Gucci' Fiat 500 unveiled at Milan Fashion Week - Feb 25, 2011
- Karlie Kloss graces the cover of Vogue Italia issue - Dec 02, 2011
- Obama remembers Donna Summer - May 20, 2012
- Media houses restrained from publishing Singhvi CD - Apr 16, 2012
- Johansson unfazed by her photo on sex store cards - Apr 11, 2012
- Miranda Kerr sizzles on the runaway with a bra worth $2.5 million - Nov 11, 2011
- "Pornographic" ads for men's suit in UK shopping centre spark fury - Nov 19, 2010
Tags: clauson, clothing line, crotch area, donna karan, expletive, fashion company, fashion outfits, focal point, gucci, new york daily news, news reports, old girl, oscar de la renta, picture show, spread eagle, state laws, suggestive manner, t shirt designs, urban outfitters, york daily news