Panda gives birth to sixth cub at San Diego zooJuly 30th, 2012 - 8:48 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
San Diego, July 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A 20 year old panda Bai Yun has set a record by giving birth to its sixth cub at the San Diego zoo.
Officials opine that the birth of the 6th cub by the panda is described as the most in a single facility out of China. The birth of the sixth cub was watched in closed circuit by zookeepers and researchers on Sunday afternoon. After the delivery, panda Bai Yun is said to have comforted the newborn baby according a blog post by one of the zoo officials.
The pregnancy was considered by the zoo officials as high risk owing to the advanced age of the panda. However, officials say that the health of the mother and the baby is in perfect shape. The public will have to wait for a while before they can see the panda and its baby. However, they can get a glimpse of the record breaking panda at the zoos website.
The great thing about this particular birth is the fact that it was considered high risk but still went through. Officials say that the sex of the baby won’t be known until the lapse of a few months.
- Giant panda gives birth at Washington zoo - Sep 18, 2012
- US-born panda Hua Mei gives birth to her 8th cub in China - Sep 20, 2010
- San Diego panda named Yun Zi - Son of Cloud - Nov 18, 2009
- Three lion cubs die at Chhattisgarh zoo - Aug 03, 2012
- 'Olympics panda' born in China - Jul 29, 2012
- Another tiger cub dies in Bihar - Sep 03, 2012
- Tiger cub dies, two others critical - Aug 29, 2012
- Third tiger cub at Patna zoo also dead - Sep 04, 2012
- 'Half of all child deaths in India due to pre-term births' - May 02, 2012
- Pregnant diabetics more prone to birth defect: Study - Apr 05, 2012
- Diabetic women likely to deliver babies with defects - Feb 06, 2012
- A 7 kg baby is born in China! - Feb 19, 2012
- Baby panda's name chosen in online poll - Nov 23, 2010
- No romance for Delhi zoo's bears, deer this winter - Nov 20, 2011
- Panda Quan Quan's death blamed on gas poisoning - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: bai yun, china, closed circuit, giving birth, glimpse, Health Science, high risk, newborn baby, panda, panda gives birth, perfect shape, pregnancy, san diego zoo, sunday afternoon, zoo officials, zoo san diego, zookeepers, zoos