Over 200 flights cancelled at Chicago area airports due to blizzardDecember 27th, 2010 - 9:22 pm ICT by BNO News
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS (BNO NEWS) — More than 200 flights were cancelled due to a severe winter blizzard at airports in the Chicago area on Sunday, the Chicago Department of Aviation said on Monday.
At least 170 flights were canceled at O’Hare International Airport while roughly 35 additional flights were cancelled at Midway Airport. Other flights were facing mostly 30-minute delays, although some flights were delayed more than an hour.
Some areas of Chicago saw more than 9 inches of snow on Sunday, while 3.7 inches was measured to have fallen at O’Hare Airport. Only 0.8 inches was registered at Midway Airport.
Weather forecasts are expecting up to 20 inches of snow in some areas of the East Coast and have already forced the closure of all major New York airports. There, as many as 1,500 flights have been cancelled.
- Storms in Chicago force 450 flight cancellations - Apr 21, 2011
- Chicago Storm Forces Cancelation Of More Than Thousand Flights At O'Hare International Airport - Dec 13, 2010
- Snow grounds over 325 flights in Chicago - Dec 05, 2010
- Over 100 flights cancelled in Chicago due to snow - Dec 27, 2010
- Chicago Midwest Brace For Winter Storm, Flights Canceled To Ensure Safety - Feb 01, 2011
- Chicago Citizens To Face Heavy Blizzard - Feb 01, 2011
- Chicago Blizzard 2011 Disrupts Normal Life, Smacks Cities - Feb 03, 2011
- Winter storm leads to cancellation of 1,000 flights in Chicago - Dec 13, 2010
- Massive snowstorm barrels into paralysed Washington - Feb 10, 2010
- Chicago Blizzard Leaves City In Mayhem - Feb 03, 2011
- Winter storm cripples two-thirds of U.S. - Feb 03, 2011
- Tornado Emergency Halt Chicago On Wednesday - Jun 24, 2010
- O'Hare Airport Operations Limp Back To Normalcy - Oct 27, 2010
- Minneapolis Airport Closed After Blizzard Onslaught - Dec 12, 2010
- US fines airline $900,000 for tarmac delays - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: airport weather, aviation, chicago area, chicago department, chicago illinois, closure, east coast, flights, midway airport, minute delays, new york airports, o hare airport, o hare international airport, weather forecasts, winter blizzard